is kulling unwanted kits more responsible?

Deaf ferrets pose potential behavioral and training problems. Deaf mother ferrets may be more likely to injure their babies, because they can't hear them cry. Deaf ferrets also seem to be more prone to biting, given that they are easily startled and will immediately try to defend themselves. Additionally, they are more difficult to train, because they do not respond to your voice commands.

Because of the challenges posed by deaf ferrets, particularly for beginner owners, responsible breeders should be more careful about breeding for color patterns not associated with hearing problems.

Hope this helps people understand somthing about waarenberg syndrome

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This question will always polarise and cause arguments, it doesn't do us any favours.   It happens and it's happened for years, what a person does with their own stock is their own concern.   Ho

Folk are against us because we kill bunnies.I can't understand the mentality of folk who will happily kill rabbits all day long, but bleat about somebody killing a few new born hobs on welfare grounds

LOOK some do some don't simple as that, it's you who has to make the moral and ethical choice so to hell with anybodies opinion. Personally I only breed every couple of years or so just to replenish m

Deaf ferrets pose potential behavioral and training problems. Deaf mother ferrets may be more likely to injure their babies, because they can't hear them cry. Deaf ferrets also seem to be more prone to biting, given that they are easily startled and will immediately try to defend themselves. Additionally, they are more difficult to train, because they do not respond to your voice commands.

Because of the challenges posed by deaf ferrets, particularly for beginner owners, responsible breeders should be more careful about breeding for color patterns not associated with hearing problems.

wullieh old ground here ferrets with waardenberg's does nt mean the ferret is deaf although it can be in some cases :thumbs: and equally a deaf ferret does nt neccessarily have to have waardenburgs

Y.I.S Leeview

wullieh old ground here ferrets with waardenberg's does nt mean the ferret is deaf although it can be in some cases :thumbs: and equally a deaf ferret does nt neccessarily have to have waardenburgs

Y.I.S Leeview

your right, but ferrets with the white stripe are carriers of waarenberg syndrome and have higher chance of being deaf than the std ferret.

Y.I.S Leeview

your right, but ferrets with the white stripe are carriers of waarenberg syndrome and have higher chance of being deaf than the std ferret.

I'd be more inclined to believe ferrets with the white stripe CAN be carriers of waardenburgs not every ferret with a stripe would have waardenburgs? Deafness is very common in many white animals not just ferrets

Y.I.S Leeview