• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

well we have tewd the fat as they say many years ago at chatsworth and several other venues i was asking d slieght other day if he ever saw you geff ,its been 15 years since i saw you mate nice to here from you old matey ille pm you as the hills have eyes mate

• Like 1

cant seem to send a message mate but keep in touch all the best to ures and [bANNED TEXT] dogs was tay white a cant remembr , was going get a whippet grey of you to breed in to our saluk crosses years ago as i liked them better than pure greyhounds as the colie grews i got of dave years ago were handy dogs , yo had the waistcoat back then and darker hair lol , did you ever go to nlrc things and working lurcher assosaition

One of the most prolific sires in the Non-Ped world from many years ago was a dog called "Bilko"; most of the top Non-Peds of today can trace this dog in their ancestry. I remember the owner saying his one regret was never putting Bilko over a pure Saluki. If you use a top Non-Ped over your saluki now, I'm sure the pups will do the business, but then again, I've a soft spot for Whippets AND Salukis !

As for using a "Supreme Racing Champion" as your stud; most Supr.Rch's will be in the 24 - 26lb range, and will not be any where near as fast as the "big boys" of the Non-Ped scene, the 36lb, 40lb and No-Limit Scratch Champions. There is a very good dog, which I think may be at stud now, called Deneside Belle, it's a half cross, but has won many Scratch Championships. Good luck !

Cheers.

i agree with u :thumbs: ,,,,also one off the tallest 1/2 crosses ive seen,,, :thumbs: also bloody fast dog,,,,,straight or bend,s :thumbs:

picture from scottish derby 10 days,,,,,2009 :thumbs:

PIC3-16.jpg

Nice!! i like & a 1st cross ,any one know what height & weight this dog

ANY ONE KNOW WHAT HEIGHT & WEIGHT THIS DOG IS !!

He stands about 26" tts, and weighs about 54lbs, Andrew was a good dog, we ran off against him in the supreme final at Highgate afew years ago with our 38lb bitch Pennysworth who stands 23" tts, but weight and height didn't bother her on that day because she beat it to take Supreme scratch bend racing champion with the BWRA :toast: She also won the Scottish scratch Derby 2 years on the trot.

Cheers thanks

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging our dogs off, but we are so proud of them and love them too bits, and there not bad in the field.

If anyone as ever watched the Field Fare Challange video (8 dog coursing stake) you'll have seen one of our grews Tay on it, that lad did have some early pace, he also stayed on the hare for 2 mins, a bloody long time for a whippet x greyhound.

A man dedicated to the game as you are fellah,...will never be accused of bragging.... :yes:

All the best,..CHALKWARREN... :thumbs:

www.chalkwarren.co.uk

• Like 1

I still enjoy a saturday or sunday morning at Westerhope or the Rising Sun to watch the Whippets, and have a craic, and they both make Lurchers welcome, and I often give mine a run or two. I't's a shame there isn't as many dogs as in the heydays, but at least it's still going, and producing some outstanding dogs !

Cheers.

good on you much money involved prize wise or just for the crack do they have proper book makers and betting years since i was at whippet racing i see a few racing against lurchers but thats just short bursts, 100 yard, like the size of your dogs

Yes bump ????????

????????

cant seem to send a message mate but keep in touch all the best to ures and [bANNED TEXT] dogs was tay white a cant remembr , was going get a whippet grey of you to breed in to our saluk crosses years ago as i liked them better than pure greyhounds as the colie grews i got of dave years ago were handy dogs , yo had the waistcoat back then and darker hair lol , did you ever go to nlrc things and working lurcher assosaition

No Tay was as black as coal :laugh: this is the white one your thinking of Midge the bitch standing next to her is Bess a whippet greyhound x saluki I won a coursing stake up in yorkshire with Bess £50 plus a nice trophy she ran 5 and killed 4

.ourmidge-1.jpg

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging our dogs off, but we are so proud of them and love them too bits, and there not bad in the field.

If anyone as ever watched the Field Fare Challange video (8 dog coursing stake) you'll have seen one of our grews Tay on it, that lad did have some early pace, he also stayed on the hare for 2 mins, a bloody long time for a whippet x greyhound.

A man dedicated to the game as you are fellah,...will never be accused of bragging.... :yes:

All the best,..CHALKWARREN... :thumbs:

www.chalkwarren.co.uk

Thank you my friend :thumbs:

Did your dog run under the name Almost Bobs,? ;) I think we met once at Highgate, could be wrong. :thumbs:

no its been 20years since ive been to highgate,,,but two off my brothers popped down to highgate a couple years back , david and sean,,,,david ran almost bobs sean ran sugar rush

still think david should,nt have called him almost bobs,,,he should have called him almost fletch,es :laugh: :laugh: ;)

No Tay was as black as coal :laugh: this is the white one your thinking of Midge the bitch standing next to her is Bess a whippet greyhound x saluki I won a coursing stake up in yorkshire with Bess £50 plus a nice trophy she ran 5 and killed 4

.ourmidge-1.jpg

i read somewhere in whippet mags ,,,cant rember what year,,,,is tay the dog that use to run the 1000 distance at bends???? i have a wee look,,,i had it in my hand few weeks back,,,a guy use to run his non ped ,,longer distances at tracks years ago

.ourmidge-1.jpg

i read somewhere in whippet mags ,,,cant rember what year,,,,is tay the dog that use to run the 1000 distance at bends???? i have a wee look,,,i had it in my hand few weeks back,,,a guy use to run his non ped ,,longer distances at tracks years ago

No, Tay never ran the bends, just lurcher racing,and coursing.