the fastest whippet in the country ????

ye still see dave mate and keep in touch do abit bartering etc ,ye hees a good dog man , sean mitchell never saw him since early 94 ,used to get some laughs at chatsworth , just back from a days with collie grews catching rabbs good day jeff , glad youre still keen for the dogs etc

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

aha found it ,,,it was dog called mighty mouse,,,trailed at bedwellty staduim , owner took this wee dog nearly everyday to trial,,,,way back in 1984,looks very small whippet type dog,,,1000yrd trails ,,as story goes the wee dog didnt even pant after its wee daily runs ,,,1min 6 sec,s,,,times,

Any pics of Mighty Mouse Bob?

i sure do,,,, not great pic, iam gettin lazy i just use mobile camera now lol

had a quick scan on couple off databases,,,asumming dog was born 1980/82 roughly ,,,complete blank,,,also checked times with some greyhounds,,,,some do 970yrds 58 sec, i,e surlouge champ,,,,1000yrds 66,,secounds for mighty mouse,,question is was it excaclty 1000yrd run ? good effort if it was or not ,i would say

Photo0084_001-1.jpg

Edited by whip x grey

aha found it ,,,it was dog called mighty mouse,,,trailed at bedwellty staduim , owner took this wee dog nearly everyday to trial,,,,way back in 1984,looks very small whippet type dog,,,1000yrd trails ,,as story goes the wee dog didnt even pant after its wee daily runs ,,,1min 6 sec,s,,,times,

had a quick scan on couple off databases,,,asumming dog was born 1980/82 roughly ,,,complete blank,,,also checked times with some greyhounds,,,,some do 970yrds 58 sec, i,e surlouge champ,,,,1000yrds 66,,secounds for mighty mouse,,question is was it excaclty 1000yrd run ? good effort if it was or not ,i would say

Photo0084_001-1.jpg

maltby18th007.jpg

Here's another Mouse, our Sugar Mouse 22 1/2" 40lbs and like shit off a shovel, got a nice little fawn broken coated whippet x bedlington lined up for her :yes::thumbs:

Photo0084_001-1.jpg

maltby18th007.jpg

Here's another Mouse, our Sugar Mouse 22 1/2" 40lbs and like shit off a shovel, got a nice little fawn broken coated whippet x bedlington lined up for her :yes::thumbs:

when will you be breeding from them mate i would be interested in a pup if there not all spoken for i have a 3 qtr whip 1 qtr grey bred by dave sleight he is 8 month now and his speed is unreal

how does the whippet grews in scotland perform against some of the dogs down south first whippet grew i saw was twenty years ago her name was bluey ,

the scottish dogs perform ok whin,,,,there usally out numbered 50/1, on the day,,,but still send a good few english dogs ,homeward ta think again :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:;)

2/3 years ago jim leech from east ayrshire,,,wanted to put a scottish team togther and invade england,,,and there was a very good strong scottish team then from 18lbers to 32lbers and couple off promising young scratch dogs back then,,,but it didnt happen as the scottish racers are dotted all over,,and work commitments for most made it difficult , :thumbs:

Edited by whip x grey

Photo0084_001-1.jpg

maltby18th007.jpg

when will you be breeding from them mate i would be interested in a pup if there not all spoken for i have a 3 qtr whip 1 qtr grey bred by dave sleight he is 8 month now and his speed is unreal

As soon as she breaks :thumbs:

Photo0084_001-1.jpg

maltby18th007.jpg

good luck to you, should be a cracking litter :victory:

thats good ,ive been lucky to see some big whippet grews 35 pound plus , some [bANNED TEXT] good dogs ,ive sent a few down the road ti think again lol

we did once have a funday at ary once,,,were all dogs competeing had to run various races and earn points to win,,,north east and north west english came and scottish came,,,it was as close as we got to a team event then

the result,,, scottish dogs,,,1st , 2nd , 3rd lol,,,,as it was a points earning comption rather than the norm,,,same as if scotland did produce a team ,,us scots do ok lol,,,but we still get sent homeward as well with our TAIL between our legs just as much from the english dogs ,alot aswell

pic4-13.jpg

use to trail my dog at ped club few years back,,,but he had to run alone,,no peds were queing up to run with him for fun lol,,,or my brothers dogs,,,lol we use to go to armadale grey staduim in morning race there ,then pop in to ped whip track on way home and run again,,,it was a good way to spend a summer time sunday

pic14-3.jpg

Edited by whip x grey
  • Like 2

cocker the one in middle,,,insane jane,,,is amazing,,,,some irish lads this year were lucky enough to come across and see her win scottish derby again,,,,couple years back when she won scottish derby for the 1st time

she,s only 24/25lb,,,if there was a fun run with a open class scratch dog then,,,all my money would have been on her,,,despite her being half the size,,,,,she was and STILL IS ,, pure class,,,she a veteran now,,,but i would still not bet against her,,,,small dog ,,,,heart of a tiger

Edited by whip x grey

thats good ,ive been lucky to see some big whippet grews 35 pound plus , some [bANNED TEXT] good dogs ,ive sent a few down the road ti think again lol

we did once have a funday at ary once,,,were all dogs competeing had to run various races and earn points to win,,,north east and north west english came and scottish came,,,it was as close as we got to a team event then

the result,,, scottish dogs,,,1st , 2nd , 3rd lol,,,,as it was a points earning comption rather than the norm,,,same as if scotland did produce a team ,,us scots do ok lol,,,but we still get sent homeward as well with our TAIL between our legs just as much from the english dogs ,alot aswell

pic4-13.jpg

use to trail my dog at ped club few years back,,,but he had to run alone,,no peds were queing up to run with him for fun lol,,,or my brothers dogs,,,lol we use to go to armadale grey staduim in morning race there ,then pop in to ped whip track on way home and run again,,,it was a good way to spend a summer time sunday

pic14-3.jpg

3 cracking dogs :thumbs:

Photo0084_001-1.jpg

maltby18th007.jpg

As soon as she comes into season :thumbs:

I spoke to my son last night, and he says he will be breeding with Mouse when she comes into season,then he's having her spayed. I wanted our David to breed her to a bed x last year but he wouldn't, So fingers crossed that he doesn't change is mind.