the fastest whippet in the country ????

i would always go for non ped whippet because they are always bred for speed where the ped are bred for looks for showing you can have a dog that is unbeatable over 150yds if they had races over 300 yds it would be another dog they are all diffrent over the years a lot of good lurcher lines have been ruined with adding blood to them but if i was going for one it would be 3/4 saluki 1/4 whippet for big land opposit way for lamping ferret work

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

just because it runs ok dosent mean it will breed ok not starting trouble just saying same with alot of coursing bitches top bitches dont always breed goodens

but sure you never no till you try. if you think something is no use then your beat before you start

see what happens what saluki you using

pic was while back,,,at time deneside bella was racing that year he was no limit meaning he was over 40lb ,,,i dont know excact weight as over 40lb then they race off scratch ,,so it aint impostant what he weighed at scales,,,at a guess i would say 45lb to 50lb

height wise a guess again 25inch,,,when i saw him he travel up to scotland ,,,so i dont know excact height and weight

its changed now with non peds ,,,,there,s a breeding and weight capp now,,,there trying to bring size down,,,and less grey now

good news for some

the racing non peds in scotland,,,dont know about rest off UK,,,,are defo going to be a thing off the past,,,,not the breeds fault ,,,its just the way it is

got video off pup i have now ,,,just fecking about on walks on sunday past lol,,,,i havent schooled her 100% to race as she wont be aloud in most opens , just at club,,,,she the one retrivining rabbit,,,her sire trying to pinch it lol,,,,nothing amazing to watch,,,,but i have alot off fun with breed,,,race in summer ,,,bunny bashing in daytime in winter afternoons

th_Video0020.jpg

and rabbit caught this evening ,,,,,right fat bunny lol,,,,caught it near mc donalds :hmm::laugh: :laugh: i didnt want to catch nothing 2night as frezzers full,,,,gave to neibour instead,,,nothing wasted

Photo0081_001.jpg

heres rare photo off a non ped from past that was used in lurcher/whippet lines alot from past

Photo0075.jpg

i remeber when i was younger,,,,numbers where everthing to me,,,,now ,,,iam just happy to be out ,,doing what ever i want on the day,,,hardbloods are great dogs,,,they do what there breed to do,,,anything else is up to the owner and the dog in question as there all soo diffrent :thumbs:

Edited by whip x grey
  • Like 2

just because it runs ok dosent mean it will breed ok not starting trouble just saying same with alot of coursing bitches top bitches dont always breed goodens

but sure you never no till you try. if you think something is no use then your beat before you start

see what happens what saluki you using

early days yet il find one when i need it might use lucas

like the hardbloods wouldnt have the dogs ive got if it was not for the sprinkling of an oversized whiippet or 2 chucked in to the jeelie pot , bred some rum dogs through the big unlicensed whippets 40 plus ,saw soe beat pure greyhounds one was called wild boy , sister is still about , she was agood animal imn any mans standard gutsy , just should had run her more sensible such is life

One of the most prolific sires in the Non-Ped world from many years ago was a dog called "Bilko"; most of the top Non-Peds of today can trace this dog in their ancestry. I remember the owner saying his one regret was never putting Bilko over a pure Saluki. If you use a top Non-Ped over your saluki now, I'm sure the pups will do the business, but then again, I've a soft spot for Whippets AND Salukis !

As for using a "Supreme Racing Champion" as your stud; most Supr.Rch's will be in the 24 - 26lb range, and will not be any where near as fast as the "big boys" of the Non-Ped scene, the 36lb, 40lb and No-Limit Scratch Champions. There is a very good dog, which I think may be at stud now, called Deneside Belle, it's a half cross, but has won many Scratch Championships. Good luck !

Cheers.

i agree with u :thumbs: ,,,,also one off the tallest 1/2 crosses ive seen,,, :thumbs: also bloody fast dog,,,,,straight or bend,s :thumbs:

picture from scottish derby 10 days,,,,,2009 :thumbs:

PIC3-16.jpg

Nice!! i like & a 1st cross ,any one know what height & weight this dog

ANY ONE KNOW WHAT HEIGHT & WEIGHT THIS DOG IS !!

He stands about 26" tts, and weighs about 54lbs, Andrew was a good dog, we ran off against him in the supreme final at Highgate afew years ago with our 38lb bitch Pennysworth who stands 23" tts, but weight and height didn't bother her on that day because she beat it to take Supreme scratch bend racing champion with the BWRA :toast: She also won the Scottish scratch Derby 2 years on the trot.

• Like 1

good on you much money involved prize wise or just for the crack do they have proper book makers and betting years since i was at whippet racing i see a few racing against lurchers but thats just short bursts, 100 yard, like the size of your dogs

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging our dogs off, but we are so proud of them and love them too bits, and there not bad in the field.

If anyone as ever watched the Field Fare Challange video (8 dog coursing stake) you'll have seen one of our grews Tay on it, that lad did have some early pace, he also stayed on the hare for 2 mins, a bloody long time for a whippet x greyhound.

• Like 2