• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

Remember an old boy in the late 70s from the parkgate /rawmarsh area of Rotherham who had whippets called Jack that used to tell us tales of the rabbit matches wonder if its the same fella as a young'un in the pic.

Same oldboy used to tell me their was never a shortage of rabbits for these matches pre mixy days and their was a few teams of peggers in that area who could always get enough live rabbits.

• 1 year later...
On 24/11/2011 at 18:29, chartpolski said:

The lad with Sally is still a mate of mine, I'll be seeing him on saturday at his stables. He is still into the dogs, he's got a wee Beddy/Whippet now. I can't believe it was almost 40year ago I was running dogs at the Rising Sun !

Cheers.

Had a look in at the Rising sun not so long ago, good to see the people and place still going

• Like 1
On 17/08/2018 at 12:40, Marvel said:

Just read through this topic, fantastic information from owners who have walked the walk, this was started 8 year ago so who's the fastest now ?

Don't know who's fastest ,,but English sent there best up last year ,,but  us Scottish paddy lurchers offspring and killwinng lurcher sent them home ward Tae think again lol

Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Haha 1
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:32, low plains drifter said:

post-83952-0-56311000-1501662725_thumb.jpg

what a lovely picture that dog reminds me of an old bitch of mine I bred out of a maltby dog called A1 and a coursing bitch in about 1971 ish I have mentiond him a few times I know but  I would love to know his breeding.

038.JPG

• Like 1