• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont listen to the auld boys who tell you theres no money in it these days. There never was, but moneys not everything life.

If you really enjoy it (after experiencing it all the good and bad) then you should go for it.

If you apply yourself and be as good as you can be, there are good jobs out there with decent wages.

I know a couple of beatkeepers who are on £300+ per week, how many 22 year olds have that spare in thier pocket a week and a house/car/kennels+all the benefits. Not many.

All the best in your future career mate.

FTB

the guy im working for only dose it a friay saterday and sunday but we still are trying to find someone to take us on for work expeence in 4th year for the full week and that guy only dose it at week ends

Keepering is a way of life. Anybody who looks at Keepering as a way to earn money should walk away because the amount of hours a Keeper does, they are on less then the minimum wage. You're on call 24/7 and in all weathers. There are lots of aspects of Keepering and it's very hard work, especially if you breed your own birds. It's a very hard job but it's also very awarding when shoot days go the way they're anticipated. Good luck chap.

i phoned him tonight to see if he wants/needs us down on sunday is im going to glassgow to visit familey tomorrow for the week end we usualy go down on friday and come back on sunday but if he wants me i will cime back on saterday

well were going back on Sunday for some ferreting as he is getting a bit of stick of the farmer as she shoots are not even lifting of the ground and were going to fell the hoppers shot the pigeons and have a fox drive through the sprout feaild

well im just back and we got 1 rabbit and 25 rats we got the 4x4 stuck so we had to dig it out then it still wasnt working so we got his sone to tow us out then we went ant filled up the hoppers and checkd the traps then he dropd us of and we went ferreting then we missed a few rabbits then he came back after doing his rouind and then we went to the pen for the rats and we shot 25 ratts bolted by the ferrets and i shot 2 with the 410 i had 3 catages and shot and i got 2 out of 3 wich i think is good as its the first time shooting a shot gun as last time i shot a 410 was 2 years ago and my bro got 2 out of 2 and the keeper and his sone got the other 20 with the 20 and the 12 boar the ferrets got 1 that trys to run for the feaild

well im just back and we got 1 rabbit and 25 rats we got the 4x4 stuck so we had to dig it out then it still wasnt working so we got his sone to tow us out then we went ant filled up the hoppers and checkd the traps then he dropd us of and we went ferreting then we missed a few rabbits then he came back after doing his rouind and then we went to the pen for the rats and we shot 25 ratts bolted by the ferrets and i shot 2 with the 410 i had 3 catages and shot and i got 2 out of 3 wich i think is good as its the first time shooting a shot gun as last time i shot a 410 was 2 years ago and my bro got 2 out of 2 and the keeper and his sone got the other 20 with the 20 and the 12 boar the ferrets got 1 that trys to run for the feaild

yeh yeh rub it in why dont you!! lol joking. i spent my sunday doing feck all, very jelous of you lot. stick at it lads

well done lads.its a way of life and like someone said...house...jeep....kennels the rest is desposible income.its not bout the money,u alredy said you got this permission and you got that permission and you mite be able to get some more!how many young lads your age can say that.not many.well done.keep it up!