foolish move

you also have the right to request at the time of "seizure" a reciept for all items that are taken,if not you should have requested to accompany the police to the station where the firearms were being taken i think i am correct that they canot refuse this.

once there the situation would have been sorted and they apologise.although i dont think that would happen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On your fac are printed the statutory conditions with which you must comply. Failure to comply with these conditions is a prosecutable offence with a maximum penalty of 6 months in prison and/or a fin

This is a very good point and, quite honestly, is the way it should be. The system of issuing physical paper certificates is woefully out of date in this day and age and totally unnecessary. Admittedl

Posted Images

I remember asking my FEO at the time, whether I could still go out shooting when my cert was in for variation, he told me that I needed to be able to produce it when asked for it so no.

Now I just take the shottie out when my FAC is away, and wait patiently for it to return. Pants really when they have everything on the computer anyway.

popt out for a couple of hours last night lamping and on the way home at 1am i had a brake light out and guess who pulled me the armed response unit and they told me off with a slap wrist ? but then asked what guns i had which was the 243 then they asked for my license and guess what its in haveing a section 5 added to it so i was told i had a unlicensed firearm ? and they confronscated [sp] it and ammo and i have to go to cop shop as soon as i get my license back to see what is going to happen .anyone else had this and what outcome was there .

I'm totally confused, ALL firearms records are now on PNC, if the PNC told them you had a Firearm then they can also check instantly you have a FAC.

There is NO legal requirement to carry your FAC (although a copy can be useful).

Just don't understand the issue here??

Kick me someone if I have missed something!!

knick me to .confused as he told me PNC said the vehicle is tied to firearms or i am is that not enough . i explained the license was in for a variation . but he said you must be able to produce . never even searched the vehicle i never received my 9pm phone call last night either after leaveing 2 messages at police station for the officer . basc .fao solicistor today .

let us know what they have to say bud,the very best of luck :thumbs:

any damage/rifle not shooting straight afterwards make sure you claim for it(get the gunsmith to zero it for you and give you a bill,a high one).they will all have had a look and play with it(they are to some extent interested in firearms or would not be in the armed response,i know i would).

o i will have it serviced as its left my property and will need a full service .it has cost me a fox job last night already as i dare,nt take my 22 rimmi out with out my license now to dispatch a fox caught in one of my traps last night which had to re released :whistling: as no firearms to carry out the job the bill is climbing waiting on calls now to see how many more are in traps after last night :thumbs:

BN, where did you release the Fox? Outside 10 Downing Street would have been favourite :thumbs: I believe they are very fond of foxes there :yes:

ft

a shame it wont go through the letter box really :clapper: i'm sure the contents of his bladder would though :whistling:

popt out for a couple of hours last night lamping and on the way home at 1am i had a brake light out and guess who pulled me the armed response unit and they told me off with a slap wrist ? but then asked what guns i had which was the 243 then they asked for my license and guess what its in haveing a section 5 added to it so i was told i had a unlicensed firearm ? and they confronscated [sp] it and ammo and i have to go to cop shop as soon as i get my license back to see what is going to happen .anyone else had this and what outcome was there .

I'm totally confused, ALL firearms records are now on PNC, if the PNC told them you had a Firearm then they can also check instantly you have a FAC.

There is NO legal requirement to carry your FAC (although a copy can be useful).

Just don't understand the issue here??

Kick me someone if I have missed something!!

I could understand them taking the gun if the PNC only told them that you had a cert but not which guns were on it.

J.

If they want us to carry our certs all the time, trapsing through bogs and undergrowth, why do they give us paper certs? why not plastic credit card size certs that are waterproof? then if we didnt have it they could bitch about it?

It appears the PNC does give the inquiring officers basic license details. My son was pulled over for marginally exceeding a 50 limit. He heard the one in the car call his mate, and say my lad's name, and then "Oh, and he has a shot gun certificate". Luckily, he was not carrying a gun anyway, and got off with a mild bollocking, so a good result!

well a visit to police H Q this morning and a chat with the FAO's boss it is not law for you have to carry your license with you but it does help even a copy but not law . as a PNC check tells the officer's you are a fac holder and with no effort at all they can check the rifle is on your license ? they may ask for I.D drivers license which they did the officer had no real reason for takeing my rifle at all one phone call later and then i received a full apoligy for any incoveniance it may caused me and i could go collect my rifle from the police station with no cert pointless exercise and waste of public money .but glad the rifle is back and no black marks :clapper:

well a visit to police H Q this morning and a chat with the FAO's boss it is not law for you have to carry your license with you but it does help even a copy but not law . as a PNC check tells the officer's you are a fac holder and with no effort at all they can check the rifle is on your license ? they may ask for I.D drivers license which they did the officer had no real reason for takeing my rifle at all one phone call later and then i received a full apoligy for any incoveniance it may caused me and i could go collect my rifle from the police station with no cert pointless exercise and waste of public money .but glad the rifle is back and no black marks :clapper:

sound like a case where the officer didnt no what he was doing. he prob new this but took the rifle so he didnt make himself look a donkey.

glad its all sorted and you got it back