foolish move

popt out for a couple of hours last night lamping and on the way home at 1am i had a brake light out and guess who pulled me the armed response unit and they told me off with a slap wrist ? but then asked what guns i had which was the 243 then they asked for my license and guess what its in haveing a section 5 added to it so i was told i had a unlicensed firearm ? and they confronscated [sp] it and ammo and i have to go to cop shop as soon as i get my license back to see what is going to happen .anyone else had this and what outcome was there .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On your fac are printed the statutory conditions with which you must comply. Failure to comply with these conditions is a prosecutable offence with a maximum penalty of 6 months in prison and/or a fin

This is a very good point and, quite honestly, is the way it should be. The system of issuing physical paper certificates is woefully out of date in this day and age and totally unnecessary. Admittedl

Posted Images

the firearm is not unlicenced,you have the licence.

call the feo and ask him what the hell is going on bud.

your name and address will have been enough to see you have the right to possess firearms(indeed the veh reg was enough to send an "aru").

the boys will be looking to get the overtime in by the looks of things.

a waste of money the lot of them.

i did ask him how he knew i had firearms on board and he said the pnc check told him ? so i said well then you know i have a license his reply was you should have it on you at all times that this offence was a license revoke if they want to take it further ?? and yet they were fairly decent about it thats the odd bit

i hope you kept the bolt.....

bloody red tape...... and a waste of the taxpayers money... if they confiscated the ammo they should of come to your house too, to collect the rest...

did they bother i bet not.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hope you get sorted out ASAP.

Snap.

Bunch of lying b'staards. You could legally FFS have been walking home with your gun in a slipcase. Since when does the status of your driving licence have any relevance to the status of your FAC? Still, keep schtum for a day or two.

So long as you get your gun back and your driving licence sorted it ain't worth the hassle of going eyeball to eyeball with the man. Might be worth a quick word with a solicitor just in case tho, just to get your position on record.

Ric

Edited by RicW
Guest busterdog

Had a similar thing happen not to long ago and BASC told me that unless they give you a parshall revocation they have no right to take you're rifle.

The revocation gives you the right of apeal, you now have none censored.gif . The ball is in their court is the way BASC put it to me and they may well drag this on for upto a year, do i want to bother ???? icon_eek.gif .

Hope you have better luck than me mate, don't lie down and take it.

ATB Busterdog....

OK so further comments make it clear that you may have a problem. You should be able to get a half-hour session with a solicitor without a prior appointment. Make a few phone calls first thing tomorrow and check out your legal position. It'll cost nowt and could save you a lot of shite down range.

ATB

Ric

OK so further comments make it clear that you may have a problem. You should be able to get a half-hour session with a solicitor without a prior appointment. Make a few phone calls first thing tomorrow and check out your legal position. It'll cost nowt and could save you a lot of shite down range.

ATB

Ric

Agreed..... better to let them know your not gonna be a pushover...

get your legalities ironed out and then you know where you are .