First of all many thanks to Rob & Mrs for the opportunity to put old skills to task to raise money for a worth wile course. Thanks to everyone old friends & new for digging so deep hope everyone enjoyed the racing & show hope to see you all soon. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

also i have a few stalls and a bouncy castle if you are interested pm me if you are can be arranged as i'm gonna come to the show anyway

EARTH saturdays show was the tops mate roll on next year the show could not be better great day A BIG THANKS MATE regs steve

ive had many phone calls of compliments and PMs.im glad it went ok and was good to meet and put a face to the many i speak to via hunting forums :thumbs:

First of all many thanks to Rob & Mrs for the opportunity to put old skills to task to raise money for a worth wile course. Thanks to everyone old friends & new for digging so deep hope everyone enjoyed the racing & show hope to see you all soon. ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL

Ahhh,i know who this is :boogie: .its ROD,not bloody ROB :doh: ..you were calling me ROB all weekend,didnt want to correct you as you would have only forgotten :blink: .. thanks for all the fry ups mate :thumbs:

Thanks Earth for a well organised good day out.Here is a pic of the winning lurcher.

not haveing a dig the juged BUT what does pulling his tail round have to with a dog lifting the front legs up and droping him mean the dogs faster better at catching gear more stay ????????????????????????i did aske someone they couldt answer GOOD SHOW :thumbs:

Thanks Earth for a well organised good day out.Here is a pic of the winning lurcher.

not haveing a dig the juged BUT what does pulling his tail round have to with a dog lifting the front legs up and droping him mean the dogs faster better at catching gear more stay ????????????????????????i did aske someone they couldt answer GOOD SHOW :thumbs:

dont ask me pal,what i work have docked tails and run earths not fields..

will speak to the man tomorrow..

both terrier and lurcher judges had their work cut out. both rings held some fine animals..

Many thanks to Darren Cashmore for judging terriers and to Mark catsworthy for judging the lurchers :thumbs:

lifting the front legs straight legs maybe fine animal the winning lurcher

Edited by welshhound2

would have made a good tv documentry and shown all the neyseyers what a real country fair should be like, best one of the year so far for me, good judges and racing staff, the cause is the most worthy for many people in our country so i thank you for a proper job ,as they say in cornwall ps, the old bill collared the dog thieves and all. Them scum cause a lot off pain to a lot of people :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :big_boss:

Edited by threedognight

Pulling the dogs tail is all to do with balance, a good judge will be able to watch the "reaction" through the dogs spine. Dropping the dog on its front feet will allow to the judge to see two things, one the natural position of the dogs shoulders and hence the legs and feet- which in turn allows you to see the width of chest, rather than some people pulling their dogs front legs apart to make the chest appear wider, it also allows the judge to determine whether the dogs has a degree of flexibility, which all running dogs should have to avoid injury.

I didn't manange to make this show, but looks like all had a good day and it was good to see that Mark Clatsworthy was asked to judge again, been a long time and i heard good reports that he was a fair and good judge. Well done to all and a hope a lot of money was raised for a very worthy cause.

would have made a good tv documentry and shown all the neyseyers what a real country fair should be like, best one of the year so far for me, good judges and racing staff, the cause is the most worthy for many people in our country so i thank you for a proper job ,as they say in cornwall ps, the old bill collared the dog thieves and all. Them scum cause a lot off pain to a lot of people :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :big_boss:

Thanks mate..was shatting myself nothing would go to plan.its the first show i have organised and there is alot more that goes into it than people think.i now know why organisers get the hump IF somebody starts moeaning or things dont go correct.. ;)