Will the reserve champion lurcher owner please contact me on 07900105371 ASAP..

reserve lurcher or reserve supreme champ mate?

Reserve champion lurcher,NOT supreme :thumbs:

I believe it was a Mr Paul Roberts.

Edited by "Earth!"

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

also i have a few stalls and a bouncy castle if you are interested pm me if you are can be arranged as i'm gonna come to the show anyway

Pulling the dogs tail is all to do with balance, a good judge will be able to watch the "reaction" through the dogs spine. Dropping the dog on its front feet will allow to the judge to see two things, one the natural position of the dogs shoulders and hence the legs and feet- which in turn allows you to see the width of chest, rather than some people pulling their dogs front legs apart to make the chest appear wider, it also allows the judge to determine whether the dogs has a degree of flexibility, which all running dogs should have to avoid injury.

are what you say for show dogs or workers because ive never done that or seen some top flight working men do that :thumbs: or just so the juged looks like he nos what hes doing :thumbs: just hopping to learn more :thumbs:

the reason for pulling his tail round is to get a better look at the length and see if it reaches up around to the dogs pinbones the reason for dropping the dog on to its front feet is to see if it is straight legged and to check its feet to see if they are flat footed or strong and up on the toes when you pick up the dog and drop it you can see the natural stance of the dog .the reason being that if there are one or two dogs that are equally as nice as each other which can frequently happen you then have to start looking for the dog with the least fault in conformation something that you cannot see from outside the ring . but only by running your hands over the dog itself .

hy earth i dont know if paul who was runner up in the lurchers comes on here i showed his dog for him in the final line up because he had 2 in it. if you pm me iwill give you his tel no cheers.

Guest busterdog

the reason for pulling his tail round is to get a better look at the length and see if it reaches up around to the dogs pinbones the reason for dropping the dog on to its front feet is to see if it is straight legged and to check its feet to see if they are flat footed or strong and up on the toes when you pick up the dog and drop it you can see the natural stance of the dog .the reason being that if there are one or two dogs that are equally as nice as each other which can frequently happen you then have to start looking for the dog with the least fault in conformation something that you cannot see from outside the ring . but only by running your hands over the dog itself .

Well said, the same thing applies for terriers, when you've got a class with terriers showing no obvious faults then it comes down to the little thing like feet, condition and just the way the dog carries itself on the day.

ive had quite a few people say you cant tell a worker by its looks or that dog has never done any work in its life well the judge is not judging its working abilaty only its looks and conformation and condition i have judged probally thousands of lurchers and never been able to tell its a good worker or not by judging it the only place for that is in the feild in winter months .