I need some advice on snaring foxes as I havent had much luck lately. I use a 9 inch snare loop, set at around 9 inches off the ground, and placed in what I believe to be fox tracks. I also place these snares on fences that seem to have a trail going from one paddock to the next and I have also placed them at what I believe to be the entrances of fox dens. But as I said earlier, I`m not having much luck snaring me a fox. What can I be doing wrong? Would it maybe be an idea to use some kind of bait to encourage them over? If so, what would you suggest?

Don't worry [bANNED TEXT]. You often get times where ye get nowt (or is that just me?) :icon_redface::D Me and an experienced fella had 130 snares runnin for a month on got nowt. Ye sound like ye doin everythin right so just keep at it ;)

Smudge

Sounds like your doing things right BC apart from trying to snare them at the entrances to their dens,don't do it.My tutor G.S.Waters says use a 10" loop,10" high so you aint that far off at that.Keep trying,you'll get there in the end,just don't give up,ask Woodga,he seems to be the top trapper/snarer on here. :good:

Guest Geordie

They were let go,cos they was vixens.

More sport for the future ye see :D:D:D:D:D

No point killing a vixen carrying cubs or with cubs in an earth IMO :D

Others think differently i know,each to their own :D