david bezzant

"Also a Spaniel is meant to flush game and not actually catch it."

And a Terrier is ?!

...bred to kill it's quarry not flush, Come on stiggy! :laugh:

Well it looks like its just me then ....i dont keep bushing terriers ratting terriers mouseing terriers or birding terriers or whatever the f**k you lads do with them. I keep digging Terriers there origional and proper function for a dog of that breeding and ...the only true way id call a terrier a working dog ! You lads really think that a terrier would out class a spaniel in its origional function?To find and flush game ?Im sure your terriers make just fine bushing dogs but a half decent spaniel bred from worker to worker as i like my dogs to be would shit all over a terrier at the bushing game.

Now if you dont mind im off for a pigeon race with my blackbird ...its f*****g gold dust!

love and kisses

S

"Also a Spaniel is meant to flush game and not actually catch it."

And a Terrier is ?!

...bred to kill it's quarry not flush, Come on stiggy! :laugh:

Well it looks like its just me then ....i dont keep bushing terriers ratting terriers mouseing terriers or birding terriers or whatever the f**k you lads do with them. I keep digging Terriers there origional and proper function for a dog of that breeding and ...the only true way id call a terrier a working dog ! You lads really think that a terrier would out class a spaniel in its origional function?To find and flush game ?Im sure your terriers make just fine bushing dogs but a half decent spaniel bred from worker to worker as i like my dogs to be would shit all over a terrier at the bushing game.

Now if you dont mind im off for a pigeon race with my blackbird ...its f*****g gold dust!

love and kisses

S

F'king hell stig, I was only messing.

However, not all breeds of terriers were bred to be dug too, and the ones that were have always often been used in other ways and in other forms of pest control....

BTW, I don't think a terrier will out do a spaniel at what a spaniel is bred for, but then a spaniel hasn't been bred to find and kill it's quarry has it?

Malt i apologise i shouldnt have directed that tyrade at you.I agree in part with what your saying.

I cannot stand it when half wits say things like this

you havent seen much pal have you a good working terrier is gold dust dont comment on something you clearly havent got a clue about if you wana see top class rabbiting terriers work give me a pm

terriers make handy wee bunnys dogs if ye train them decent :thumbs:

alrite pal worked rabbiting terriers for 20 years not needing to learn more just wanting to find out some history on it old style rabbiters and there ways old style terriers,the old style town rat catcher etc chears anyway buddy atb

Old style this old style that i personaly have a total fasination with alll things old from tools,agriculture,dogs and what have you and i highly highly doubt that any of these old style rabbit catchers used terriers!In those days dogs had a job and they were good at it luchers would catch ten fold of the rabbits a terrier ever would so why would they f**k around witha terrier?

If it was foxes they want then thats a 'hole' (ecuse the pun)different matter.

These so called rabbiting terriers are NOT working dogs.At a push there sporting dogs.Now if you want to bush with your terriers ..go for it hey il come out for a day with you ..come back for a brew to mine after ....but dont spout some shit about then being gold dust working dogs because fellas ther NOT.

Apologise again malt

all the best

S