david bezzant

why you want a terrier for rabbiting spaniel or whippet type is better my opinion spaniel for bushing tho alb

you havent seen much pal have you a good working terrier is gold dust dont comment on something you clearly havent got a clue about if you wana see top class rabbiting terriers work give me a pm maybe i can change your mind not having a go either just saying it how it is atb

terriers make handy wee bunnys dogs if ye train them decent :thumbs:

best way tae find oot is tae get oot, the book is not worth buying if ye ask me,

tho some will probably disagree...

best way, is tae get an do it, learn by you mistakes :thumbs:

alrite pal worked rabbiting terriers for 20 years not needing to learn more just wanting to find out some history on it old style rabbiters and there ways old style terriers,the old style town rat catcher etc chears anyway buddy atb

why you want a terrier for rabbiting spaniel or whippet type is better my opinion spaniel for bushing tho alb

you havent seen much pal have you a good working terrier is gold dust dont comment on something you clearly havent got a clue about if you wana see top class rabbiting terriers work give me a pm maybe i can change your mind not having a go either just saying it how it is atb

[/quote

mate wat you talking about avnt got a clue

spaniel is much better than terrier for rabbits put it that way keep all types of dogs so thing ive got a clue im not a young lad so dont come clever with me mate

you terrier catch and retreive mate na dont thing so ripped apart maybe

maybe i show you how to work you dogs mate

how to catch game

seen done more in my sleep

why ask for advice if you going to slag people off

only saying wat more easyer to control and terrier is not the easiest of dogs by far

[quote name=TAZ BOY' date='08 Mar :thumbs: ch 2010 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1268012763' post='1473702]

[/quote

spaniel is much better than terrier for rabbits put it that way keep all types of dogs so thing ive got a clue im not a young lad so dont come clever with me mate

how to catch game

only saying wat more easyer to control and terrier is not the easiest of dogs by far

how am i asking for advice read the thread propaly a good rabbiting terrier would out do a spaniel anyday how can a spaniel work tight road side hedges small areas and catch just to big mate and no my terriers dont reteive if i wanted that i would get a gun dog spaniel,labradore etc and i dont no how you controle your terriers but i no mine are easy controled.and how am i slagging you of or getting clever just pointing something out that you clearly havent got a clue about or you wouldent say a whippet or a spaniel is better than a terrier completely different ball game a spaniel is for flushing from cover,marking,retrieving[gun dog] a whippet catching bolting rabbits,marking were it can get to very limited i think,a terrier bushing tight cover road side hedges etc small enough to get anywere quick put presure on a rabbit in confined spaces which results in a higher catch rate or forces it to ground quicker etc listen mate theres no point us arguing is there just have to agree to dissagree the offer still stands thou pal maybe i could still change your mind and show you something you may not have seen.atb buddy and calm down ps if you read the thread i was just asking for apinions on a book not about what dogs are best for what job

Bought the book on rabbiting terriers, i thought it was terrible, worst book i have EVER purchased.

edited to say if you live anywhere near carmartrhen pm me and you can have a lend.

Edited by TIMMAY

Bought the book on rabbiting terriers, i thought it was terrible, worst book i have EVER purchased.

edited to say if you live anywhere near carmartrhen pm me and you can have a lend.

chears buddy but live quite a distance from you i think ile leave the book were it is, it dont seem worth buying atb

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote

how to catch game

must be some spaniel mate if it can catch rabbitsthumbs.gif

Firstly i met Trisha on here and he is now my ferreting partner - he certainly has more than a clue and his terrier is absolute gold dust. Also a Spaniel is meant to flush game and not actually catch it. Both breeds have their ups and downs for different jobs. For what Trisha does a terrier (well trained) is perfect.

atb

Jai.