WELL FELLAS ,

I CAN SEE SOMEONES GOING TO HAVE TO SHOW YOU LADS HOW TO PISS GAME :11:

IT AINT THAT HARD ..... AND STOPS YOU GETTING PISS DOWN YER WELLIES :D

TOMO , THE STRAPS AINT TOO LONG FOR ME AND THE LAMPERMAN , AS WE AINT BANTAMS :laugh: , HOWEVER THEY WOULD BE FAR TOO LONG FOR CHIPPER ......... YOU SEE ... THE WAY I SEE IT IS , MAKE THEM LONG ENOUGH THEN FIT THEM TOO YOUR SIZE , .............

THERES AN OLD SAYING MATE ............. " YOU CAN TAKE A BIT OFF ..... BUT YOU CANNOT MAKE IT BIGGER " ;)

WE MADE THEM TO MEASURE.............

LOOKS AN INTERESTING SET OF CARRIERS YOU LADS HAVE THERE ............ PERSONALLY I CANNOT SEE " ANY " ADVANTAGE OVER LEGGING THE GAME ON TO A ROPE WITH A SHOULDER PAD ......... WITH MY TRUSTY OPINEL ....... A METHOD THE LAMPERMAN & I USED FOR YRS ............

TILL I USED THE CARRIERS I AM USING NOW

YOU SEE........... THE SAFETY PIN CATCH IS AT THE BOTTOM , WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE CARRIER FROM YOUR SHOULDER TO PUT THE GAME ONTO THEM ........... IN THIS THE CARRIER IAM NOW USING HAS AN ADVANTAGE............ IMO ;)

PLUS .......... FROM THE PHOTO , IT SEEMS YOU HAVE METAL TO METAL CONTACT ? ....... DOES THIS NOT RATTLE WHEN WALKING ?

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING

It cant rattle, the spring clip is very stiff so no free movement and the weight from the rabbits pulling down on the clip stops any rattleing. If that makes sence :11: Those clips nobby makes are spot on ;) Tomo had one when we was ferreting.

David

Hi Duckwing you don't need to have the leader clips on if you turn the pins the other way round you can put a broad nylon strap like you have on your carriers on them. I have made carriers like yours and they work well but even when you piss a rabbit and you think its all out when the rabbit cools off you can still get some leaking out both types do the job but after using Tomo's safty pin idea i prefer using them.

the reason its better than legging them is because when you leg a rabbit the meat on the leg that got legged dries up a bit , dont get me wrong this is only a small thing i know. and of course its quiker than legging when allyou do is shove the sharp bit through the rabbits leg .you can put them on the pins whilst walking. although this takes a bit of practice. TOMO :)

the reason its better than legging them is because when you leg a rabbit the meat on the leg that got legged dries up a bit , dont get me wrong this is only a small thing i know. and of course its quiker than legging when allyou do is shove the sharp bit through the rabbits leg .you can put them on the pins whilst walking. although this takes a bit of practice. TOMO :)

INTERESTING CRAIC TOMO AND NOBBY .........

WHEN LOOKING AT YOUR CARRIERS , I SEE A FEW POINTS WHICH SET ME THINKING ...

TO ME , WOULD THE SAFETY PIN POINT .... NOT.... . BE BETTER AT THE TOP OF THE CARRIER ? IN OTHER WORDS UPSIDE DOWN FROM THE WAY YOU HAVE IT , THAT WAY THE RABBITS COULD BE PINNED ON FROM THE TOP , WHICH LOOKS TO BE A LOT EASIER THAN TRYING TO HOLD THE RABBITS WEIGHT UP WHEN WALKING ? OR INDEED HAVING TO REMOVE THE CARRIER FROM YER SHOULDER TO PUT THE RABBIT ON .... ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A FEW RABBITS ON ,

THE OTHER THING IS ........ WITH THE DESIGN OF CARRIER IVE MADE THE RABBITS WEIGHT IS CENTRAL AS POSSIBLE .......... WITH THE SAFETY PIN METHOD , ALL THE WEIGHT " MUST " BE ON ONE SIDE ...........THE PIN ........ DOES THAT NOT CAUSE THE GAME THE BE PULLING ON YER SHOULDER COCKEYED SO TO SPEAK ?

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

Tomo/Duckwing is it possible to buy just the metal parts? You might just be my saviours :D

I have great trouble carrying anything on my shoulders or back and have to carry rabbits in my hand along with the lamp and slip, i was thinking these could be attatched to a belt to carry the game around my waist :hmm: Is it possible?

MOLL.

A point i was thinking about where your's are concerned Duckwing is what if you are out with the rim fire as half of the rabbit's head's are mashed up and they would keep falling out of them type of carrier's.. :hmm: .

Millet

WELL TO BE HONEST ,

THE LAMPERMAN WOULD BE THE MAN TO ASK .............. HES USED THE CARRIERS WHEN SHOOTING WITH THE RIMMY ,

HE NEVER HAD A NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT THEM ........ SO I SUPPOSE THEY WERE O.K.

PERSONALLY ............. I VERY RARELY SHOOT GROUND GAME NOWADAYS ........... AND NEVER HAVE SHOT HARES :no: AS ITS A FECKIN SIN :angry: , THE THING IS I " TRUELY " DONT FIND IT A CHALLANGE ANYMORE .......... AND BELIVE ME IVE SHOT MORE THAN MOST ,

MOLLY ,

I DONT KNOW ABOUT TOMOs KIT ...BUT I DONT THINK FIXING THE CARRIERS WE USE TO A BELT WOULD BE ANY GOOD , THE RABBITS WOULD BE HANGING ROUND YER LEGS WHEN YOU WALK , A TRIP WOULD BE A CERTAINITY :( PLUS THEY WOULD BE TOO LONG WITH THE LENGTH OF A RABBIT OUTSTRETCHED ..... THEY WOULD BE DRAGGING ON THE GRASS :o

IMAGINE JUMPING A FENCE WITH RABBITS GETTING CAUGHT UP IN THE BARB :blink:

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)