while mouching with the pup this afternoon i managed to come across 3 chaffys nests. All the 3 nests were no more than 100ft from each other,which i found quite facinating. Id always imagined the Chaffy to be a territorial little bird who could maybe be quite aggressive.

The first was placed in a small Holly bush and contained 3 eggs.......

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

The second was in some gorse and was a fabulous little structure,just like their nest always are. It held 4 eggs.

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

The third was in some brambles and just as well made as the other 2 nests.

Inside was just a single Egg.......

C5.jpg

C6.jpg

I also came across this Blackbirds nest. Nothing speacial i know!...but this was pratically on the Floor. Ive found them before in strange places but never this close to the ground. BLACKIEE.jpg

Lamps...

Nice photos Lamper. :good:

We get about 20-25 Chaffinches come in the garden every day and seem to spend the whole time fighting.

As for nests in unusual places, the Swallows generally nest in the out buildings, last year one nested on top of an upturned broom, which kept the kids amused, but they don't half leave some mess behind. :sick: sh1t everywhere.

Guest Mac
how do you get the pics all on one post lamps?????? :unsure:

How do you usually put up a pic bucko ? when multi posting, just repeat what you did for the first pic as you will do for the second , third etc etc in the same post.

screenhunter0012lc.jpg

screenhunter0028vh.jpg

:big_boss:

Guest LEARNER

I SAW MY FIRST PURPLE BREASTED SWIVEL BEAK THIS MORNING, THEN 10 MINUTES LATER ,A FAN TAILED WATER RABBIT, I BELIEVE THESE ARE KNOWN TO BE THE RAREST BIRDS IN THE WORLD, I SUPPOSE 50 OR SO YEARS OFF FIELDCRAFT, DOES HELP, I WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND OFF MINE ,THAT HE HAD SPOTTED THE ELUSIVE VANISHING BIRD ,I WENT TO LOOK BUT NO JOY, I THINK IT MUST HAVE FLOWN UP ITS OWN ARSE.