are labs good gun dogs

dan 7

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iam looking to get a lab for a retreaver for my airgun shooting but have some question need help with

1) can i keep in home or is it best to be outside

2) what color is it best to go for

many thanks dan

Colour is not an issue really. Working dogs should be always kept outside in a kennel.

i keep mine in the house mate (keep them wormed,flead etc and be prepared to hoover twice a day,mucky sofa,paws all over the tiles) as i find the bond stronger.

labs are normall very easy dogs to have around you,sometimes a bit "clingy"

colour is not as important as that the dog is from working lines.

i would love to hear what you decide and see some pics of the dog.

cheers

waidmann

look at the breeding before the colour mate you want one that is of good working lines.... spend a lot of time getting your dog steady and super obedient dont rush it as most of the time it will be sitting and waiting if you do mainly airgun hunting... i have had lots of labs and love them but would go for black as they are easier to hide than yellow...... let it live in if thats what you want they are usualy good company once they settle down..... most of all enjoy it mate it's worth it

regards

john

iam looking to get a lab for a retreaver for my airgun shooting but have some question need help with

many thanks dan

go for yellow as the blacks dont work :thumbs:

I wish people who have an obvious lack of knowledge and experience on working dogs would keep there opinions to themselves when newcomers are asking for genuine advice, the last thing they need is to be ill advised.

Dave.

I wish people who have an obvious lack of knowledge and experience on working dogs would keep there opinions to themselves when newcomers are asking for genuine advice, the last thing they need is to be ill advised.

Dave.

I think the statement was meant as a non politically correct dig !

many thanks dan

Colour is not an issue really. Working dogs should be always kept outside in a kennel.

Colour could be an issue, I personally would avoid chocolate.

I keep my dogs outside because it suits me but I think you get a better bond with a dog kept indoors.

i keep mine in the house mate (keep them wormed,flead etc and be prepared to hoover twice a day,mucky sofa,paws all over the tiles) as i find the bond stronger.

labs are normall very easy dogs to have around you,sometimes a bit "clingy"

colour is not as important as that the dog is from working lines.

i would love to hear what you decide and see some pics of the dog.

cheers

waidmann

my 2 dogs are kept inside the house to they got the run of the place sleep were they want to like you said keep them worn=med and that and they give you the best. most think keep them out side they more keen not me think its more of your bond with them my dogs turned out the same as my mates they kept out side

:clapper:

Dave.

I think the statement was meant as a non politically correct dig !

"go for yellow as the blacks dont work :thumbs:"

you stupid dick . you obviously dont know jack all so dont bother commenting please in future :wankerzo4:

Im no expert lads but were told that black labs were better if you do lots of duck shooting as they are harder to see! mabe wrong.

"go for yellow as the blacks dont work :thumbs:"

you stupid dick . you obviously dont know jack all so dont bother commenting please in future :wankerzo4:

Im no expert lads but were told that black labs were better if you do lots of duck shooting as they are harder to see! mabe wrong.

you are wrong mate on that one does not matter what colour they are they are working dogs and thats it black yellow does not matter at all its in them to work go to the game fairs and see them. any one says black are better is so wrong there not saying your saying it as your new to this