• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best and only diet a dog needs are red meat.. white meat.. vegatble (found within a whole carcass) bone and fresh drinking water........ a dog or wild animal doesnt need pasta in its diet at all..

Yeah... how many vets are going to say BARF... not many ill bet mate.... Dogs are carnivores pure and simple... Not italian scrotes with a penchant for spaghetti... pasta may do good things for a dog.

If you want to feed your dog pasta that is up to you but I will repeat again, a dog does not NEED carbs/pasta. Dogs can quite adequately manage to produce glucose from fats and proteins. You will ne

hi i have a 7 month old collie x greyhound dog and a few people have told me to give him some pasta a couple of times a week .as they say it will give him energy . i feed minced chicken and complete mixed togather .............any advice.......plz

I feed alot of pasta especially to pups as it piles the weight on , and burns of slowly producing energy as its a carb . Alot of coursing lads feed carbs the day before the dog is run .

Dogs dont get there energy from Carb's, They get there energy from Fats

Me ad rather be getting more raw food into it than pasta, And small and othen 4/6 times a day,

Plus if your going to use mixer/complete feed at diffrent times than the raw as it digests at diffrent times in the stomach eg feed raw in the morning and dry at night or the other way round,

And good regualar worming with a decent wormer and you wont have a problems..

Edited by tiny 7
  • Like 1

Me ad rather be getting more raw food into it than pasta, And small and othen 4/6 times a day,

Plus if your going to use mixer/complete feed at diffrent times than the raw as it digests at diffrent times in the stomach eg feed raw in the morning and dry at night or the other way round,

And good reguarl worming with a decent wormer and you wont have a problems..

ill go along with that :thumbs:

carbs are your dogs main source of energy :thumbs:

carbs are your dogs main source of energy :thumbs:

Thanks mate , thought anyone would know that !!! . Carbs slowly release energy into the system thats what helps your stamina .

Unlike humans fella, Dogs get there energy from fat and not carbs..

There a few members on here that know the fancey ins and outs of it all, And fancey words so ill leave it too them to do the full run down on it,

But each to there own and all that..

Edited by tiny 7
  • Like 1

"There is no known minimum dietary carbohydrate requirement for either the dog or the cat. Based on investigations in the dog and with other species it is likely that dogs and cats can be maintained without carbohydrates if the diet supplies enough fat or protein from which the metabolic requirement for glucose is derived." hope this helps

The working dog food I give my dogs contains dry pasta and I feel it gives them that little bit extra energy and size.Carbohydrates will definately give a fit dog more muscle mass as it breaks down to glycogen which is stored in the muscle cells.Most racing greyhounds have boiled rice(high in complex carbohydrates) as a big part of their diet.

The best form of energy for any dog is FAT simple,

Feed a house dog fat for a few year and the vet will love you

You know what i mean any working dog..

Be it coursing,Ferreting or sled pulling herding..

Ill still stand by the fact the fat is the best form of energy,

Im not saying carbs cant give energy after the body has converted them into one thing and then the body can absorb that bla bla..

Like i say ill leave it to someone that knows the fancey ins and outs of it to explain