hancock lurchers

I agreed mickc but how would u know when u go to fetch a pup if the mother and father have worked u have to take there word and them that have good workers sell to there mates the new come has no chance so he end up getting rid of another onezza

Hancock is all about the money nothing else,and you also know 100% that the parents have never worked for generations. There are still genuine breeders of working Collie x who have the best of this x at heart and are not breeding for money but for the good of the line they keep and will not just sell to anybody that turns up with the cash,unlike Hancock who will sell to anybody. Don't get me wrong I've seen a few good Hancock dogs that mates have owned 80s early 90s (5/8 cross) but the sheer amount that he breeds ,some are going to make the grade.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet Mr Hancock wishes he had a tenner for every post on here relating to his kennels, or posts on other sites for that matter.   My views are fairly simple and based on seeing a few over the years

Unless a dog bites chavies,..I would never call it shit,...   Jukels are like people,.some more talented than others,...just trying to get through their lives, best as they can.. Some make the g

Hancock dogs can't do it   Clearly shot and retrieved

Posted Images

I know what this forum is like I joined about 6 months ago when I got back into lurchers and I have probably wrote on 20 times but because I'm not one of the lads that have been on here a few years I don't get knowledge so I know that a new comer would never get a lurcher of good working dogs specially from lads of here that say that there dogs have done this and that so you have to go to someone like hancock

• Like 1

I know what this forum is like I joined about 6 months ago when I got back into lurchers and I have probably wrote on 20 times but because I'm not one of the lads that have been on here a few years I don't get knowledge so I know that a new comer would never get a lurcher of good working dogs specially from lads of here that say that there dogs have done this and that so you have to go to someone like hancock

.. I had my heart set on another 1st x collie grey and have recently got another one, home bred litters are about and find they usually appear when your not quite ready for one but if you can adapt circumstances a bit you will eventually get what you want even if maybe having to rely on classifieds, I think you still take a chance with a 1st cross home bred litter but would sooner that than go to a puppy farmer atb..
  • Like 2

if I ever go back to lurchers I will get another 1st collie /grey -I will do my home work to make sure its from proper working lines and failing that I will breed my own as I still know of a few good farm dogs I could use

• Like 1

Reddog did u get it off here if so how long have u been a member

I got my old 1st x dog off the classifieds on here a good few years ago.. has been a good dog and it paid off..the odd surplus pups bred from good stock do show up from time to time.. My Current pup was bred from a 22" working farm collie bitch put to a 28"greyhound..so am quite optimistic for the future.. was also from classifieds but not on here... Just have to keep your eyes peeled and maybe be prepared to travel a bit..

I got my old 1st x dog off the classifieds on here a good few years ago.. has been a good dog and it paid off..the odd surplus pups bred from good stock do show up from time to time.. My Current pup was bred from a 22" working farm collie bitch put to a 28"greyhound..so am quite optimistic for the future.. was also from classifieds but not on here... Just have to keep your eyes peeled and maybe be prepared to travel a bit..

Your new pups breeding sounds the way forward regarding a collie cross greyhound ,the working collie used should benefit the cross immensely .. Hancocks dogs are bred mainly from collies which he has bred for generations ,they are not worked and spend their existence

confined to a kennel with little or no exercsice , they are bred solely for coat type and colouration as the pups of a certain style sell better.

Hancock actually sells smooth coated black and white collies marked pups for less as they are harder to sell than other colourations , he himself said this to me last time i saw him at his place.

Your new pups breeding sounds the way forward regarding a collie cross greyhound ,the working collie used should benefit the cross immensely .. Hancocks dogs are bred mainly from collies which he has bred for generations ,they are not worked and spend their existence

confined to a kennel with little or no exercsice , they are bred solely for coat type and colouration as the pups of a certain style sell better.

Hancock actually sells smooth coated black and white collies marked pups for less as they are harder to sell than other colourations , he himself said this to me last time i saw him at his place.

few years ago , i seen a woman with one black/white smooth dog , got it from his place , was nice dog , but the poor bugger was never left of the lead so this woman said and they were thinking of getting a merle later that year. them seem to popular with these people who go the designer type dogs cockerpoos etc that i see on few of my walks , nice friendly dogs but again the poor buggers never of the lead . my 2 dogs are 95% off the lead , they wont shit or piss with there leads on , they dont even mess in there dog runs they wait to relieve there selves on there walks off there leads . i just carnt see the point of getting dog thats never out of a kennel , like his dogs , then having a dog and never loose it off it lead 24/7 , what a crap life for any dog worker or pet :yes:

I was looking for a collie x for two years looked and looked and looked couldn't find one thought of going to Hancock but been in Ireland stopped me after reading a far bit on here about him it just wasn't worth the chance so last June I got talked into a saluki lurcher then not two days after picking the pup up a littler of first x colliehound appear on donedeal not 5 miles down the road sods law.