that photo was in the german dog and gun a while back as a world record "boar" the "bloke" is actually a young lad who chased this feral hog around putting a lot of .357 magnum bullets(yes a handgun,it was in the usa) into it untill it died (his dad was with him) i think it weighed in at around 350kg or something.

i may be wrong but it looks like the same pic.

atb

Same pig mentioned...but the photo above was way more photoshopped than the original. No need really, as the actual pig was gigantic anyway . I also believe I had read that it was a barr pig as opposed to a boar; meaning it was caught when young and his balls were removed much like a steer, and then he was released.

And yes, a handgun was used but it was not a .357...it was a .454 or .460; very big caliber.

Same pig mentioned...but the photo above was way more photoshopped than the original. No need really, as the actual pig was gigantic anyway . I also believe I had read that it was a barr pig as opposed to a boar; meaning it was caught when young and his balls were removed much like a steer, and then he was released.

And yes, a handgun was used but it was not a .357...it was a .454 or .460; very big caliber.

i stand corrected :icon_redface: i read it a while back so excuse my old head getting a bit slow :thumbs:

the jist was there though.

no matter what a lot of pork :icon_eek:

One more to add, their is still alot of controversy over this hog, as it has been implied that this was not a wild pig....but formally a pet.However, the boy pictured and his father have both offered to take polygraphs and and asked the couple claiming the pig was a pet do the same (purportedly).

One more to add, their is still alot of controversy over this hog, as it has been implied that this was not a wild pig....but formally a pet.However, the boy pictured and his father have both offered to take polygraphs and and asked the couple claiming the pig was a pet do the same (purportedly).

I saw a program on discovery about it a while back, 'Hogzilla' they were calling it! :D

I saw a program on discovery about it a while back, 'Hogzilla' they were calling it! :hmm::hmm::hmm::D

I thought that was the one a few years before......whatever, I remain skeptical!! :hmm::hmm::thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Hogzilla was a different pig. The pig in this pic might have been in the bush but it wasn't wild. They can get big but a lot of the US pigs in the dramatic picture stories are domestics released. Biggest I have personally had my hands on dressed 175kgs and it was a giant, genuinely wild boar in Oz. They have been field caught in Oz over 200kgs. This pix is a joke.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hogzilla was a different pig. The pig in this pic might have been in the bush but it wasn't wild. They can get big but a lot of the US pigs in the dramatic picture stories are domestics released. Biggest I have personally had my hands on dressed 175kgs and it was a giant, genuinely wild boar in Oz. They have been field caught in Oz over 200kgs. This pix is a joke.

Cheers.

What's your source, Ned, for the amount of large pigs we have here that are domestic ?

I can assure you the pigs in my neck of the woods are every bit as wild as yours.

Edited by Aaron Proffitt

I'm sure there are lots of big wild ones. I said the ones in the dramatic big pig stories like the one mentioned. Are you saying they are wild and not the result of releases or cultured 'game ranch' boars? If they are bred for release for hunters they are domestics.

Cheers.