Rupert and John - Family are nice folk. They love running dogs and were big coursing enthusiasts pre ban. There dogs are heavily greyhound blooded with a dash of Deerhound alwayfrom working-coursing stock.

A real genuine family right through :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

One of the best meetings of the year was Sherborn Farmers. In latter Years they came down off the flinty tops and the land was great,kept right and well keepered all year round. Loads of hares and thick and fast great coursing. Usually wrapped up by 1pm then off to the local pub. Great days and memories. What id do for them to be brought back.

Your memory's going Max :clapper: we started at 9.30 on the dot 3x8dog stakes lunch at 11.00am then ran 3 finals and in the East Riding for 11.45 but you were n't driving that day.

BBB John was in a totally different league to aa :thumbs: was slipping a long time before he was persuaded to go for it,proud to say I got him his first slip in public so to speak :victory: and got him pushed forward when others were nt clear about the rules :whistling:

The meetings on the tops could be good or poor from year to year,never publicised but always a good turnout of people you only saw at Sherburn once a year

Y.I.S Leeview

they are a bunch of good lads and his deerhound are genuine grafters.my mate got rupert old mike when he was a pup off a lad near us and even at 11yr old the dog was still showing the greyhounds up on the hares.and here he is now 3/4 greyhound 1/4 deerhound

DSC00199.jpg

I used to love it, always a good day out.

some old dogs ran there, i remember D.ward having an old track dog running it was the sire to my lurcher pup i had at the time, it got hammered.i was gutted :cry: ...

do you remember a dog rupurt had he called the shark. it had a funny mouth, but it could kill hares.

they were nearly all track dogs tbh ;) the ground was too horrendous to risk running anything you thought a lot of,Rupert turned the club around when he took over talked the landowners round and started running beside the village and first week in February after the shooting had finished and a better class of dogs that did nt make the Waterloo Cup,by this time the Pigeon Pie had closed and just the East Riding was left.

Remember Rupert winning at a Ryedale meeting and Mrs Hall telling him to put the dog away and look after it,Rupert told her he could nt as John will be lamping it tonight and missus will have it out ferreting with grandkids in the morning :clapper::clapper:

Y.I.S Leeview