Stags, roebucks and muntjacs

As someone who is not trusted with a camera by his wife anymore (don't ask, there were two sea trout related incidents when cameras didn't make it home :icon_redface: ), it is an absolute pleasure to see so many wonderful pictures. Well posted gentlemen.

Have you sen any CWD while in Norfolk? When my brother lived in Norfolk I was fortunate to see CWD on the shoot he was a member of. They had reds (occasionally), roe and munty's too. Right on the edge of the Broads, bliss.

ft

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good time you had here LBJ,and,long may it last mate,a great Munty too.....I love Munties.Here is a weird head for you LBJ first in velvet........... And here in hard antler,and on the g

The last few years i have been hunting sevaral times in England and I only have good things to say about it. I might have been lucky, but I have only been having very good experience with it. I did m

As someone who is not trusted with a camera by his wife anymore (don't ask, there were two sea trout related incidents when cameras didn't make it home ), it is an absolute pleasure to see so many wo

Posted Images

As someone who is not trusted with a camera by his wife anymore (don't ask, there were two sea trout related incidents when cameras didn't make it home :icon_redface: ), it is an absolute pleasure to see so many wonderful pictures. Well posted gentlemen.

Have you sen any CWD while in Norfolk? When my brother lived in Norfolk I was fortunate to see CWD on the shoot he was a member of. They had reds (occasionally), roe and munty's too. Right on the edge of the Broads, bliss.

ft

Ohh yes i love the CWD hunt.

I have been so lucky to have the chance to hunt in some areas in Norfolk where there is several of them, so i'v been trying for a couple of years to get a really big one.

We are only allowed to shot if they are big and i thought my first one was a really big one...well it was, if it wasn't a one tusker!!

Last year in january i got my self a regular one, a good medal head (the gamekeeper told me it would be a gold before i shot it, but even it was an older one, it wasn't big enough for gold because the tusk was warn down.), but still a hunt i will never forget for the rest of my life.

I have some pictures of some very nice skyes and mornings where i had my camera with me and was close enough to a female to get some okay pictures.

I hope you like them.

Some nice skyes i would say.

england3123.jpg

england3127.jpg

england3152.jpg

Some pictures of a female

england3187.jpg

england3191.jpg

england3193.jpg

england3197.jpg

The one tusker...would have been very big if it wasn't for the broken tusk

KopiafIMG_1142-1.jpg

The regular one who now is shoulder mounted (bad work of a danish taxidermist)

Chinese.jpg

Edited by LBJ
  • Like 1

These are some fantastic trophies, congratulations!

You can understand why people will first check if they are park heads.

Out of interest, can you tell us which organisation you book through?

Finally - do you know the body weights for those reds?

I was in the hunting business for some years and there for i still have the contact to some of my old partners in England and if some of my old clients call me and ask if i can help them, i say yes because i like to give my old partners a hand to help selling their hunts.

Back to the reds.

Those two reds has extremly good heads, but their body'swere really small. On that estate the actually shot a couple of stags each year with impressive bodies.

The deer gamekeeper told me that for the last 3 years it look to him like the biggest stags(antlers) had the smallest bodies, but as he also said,it could be an coincidence.

Im not sure but i think the stags was like 120-130 kg without "organs" (sorry i cant remember the real word for it)

Well thats a super trophy.

It's brilliant you had the photos of him in velvet too.

Did you shoot him yourself?

Well anyway thanks for the pictures, i just love those abnormal heads, but that one belongs to the best i'd ever seen.

Yes I did shoot it myself while I was out with Foxdropper on some of my land local to me(1/2 a mile away).That very evening I was offered very good money to let a chap stalk him after he had seen the pic in velvet,but,he was a few hours late.I do like to take photos of deer almost as much as stalking them for the freezer.I would however have swapped him for your Gold Muntjac a very nice specimen.........cheers....Martin

If you like malforms then this might float your boat ,a full peruke.Shot in Wiltshire 2006.

stalking006.jpg

Well im speachless...its the biggest peruke buck i'v ever seen.

@Martin.

That means if I'll find a goldmedal munty for you,you will find a head like that to me :clapper:

That's a deal :thumbs:

Martin and foxdropper, 1 rep each for photos like that.

I you have more big or abnormal heads, i would love to see them,

Edited by LBJ
  • Like 1

Never have liked malforms or Perruque heads, they just don't do it for me, others seem to love them...

Nice gold perfectly aligned and evenly weighted is my turn on laugh.gif

Check this one out that succombed to a perruque head...

deerperruque.jpg_e_0bfc6fd761932c7f884996a0f904eba1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LBJ, superb photos, well done.

The estate were you shot the Red is, in my opinion, the best place for stags in the UK.

We shoot very big Muntjac near Norwich and my agent friend shoots lots of big CWD in Bedfordshire.