The fields are alive with rabbits at the moment, dozens of them everywhere.

While out with the dogs yesterday i saw 5 quite young ones all much the same to look at, apart from one.

This one had a white front right leg as far up as its shoulder.

I'm sure its a throw back to one of its ancestors getting together with a domestic/tame rabbit at some time, but was wondering if any of you guys have come across oddly marked rabbits on your travels.

:)

Guest Webby

ive had a few rabbits with white patches on there head and up there chest legs etc, Thought they were pets at first but nope.

Is it not the same with the black ones ? just throw backs.

Guest Webby

on my way to work this morning i seen a young bunny that was the weirdest colour ever.

It was like a ginger/beige ! wish i had my gun :hunter: ir the camera with me :D

all tame rabbits come from wild rabbits so any color you can get in tame you could get in wild we get a lot ginger, few whites and blacks plus the wild color can have white marking,called the dutch... also get a few with long hair, but there is a field near the town of oswestry , where it seem the un-wanted pets get dumped , seen lops and even a rex rabbit , and all shapes and colors

• 2 weeks later...

last year I spotted 2 orange ones in the same field ,never seen any before they were like tango rabbits bright orange !

Went back later at night and shot one with the 12 bore never spotted the other one again. :hunter:

Guest The Big Fish
last year I spotted 2 orange ones in the same field ,never seen any before they were like tango rabbits bright orange !

Maybe they had been tangoed, lol. i remember coming across a couple of very strange light tan coloured rabbits with blue eyes. These were indeed wild rabbits that were in all the right proportions but just a different colour. I assumed that they were interbred with a tame bunny that had either escaped or was set loose.