why do deer stalkers charge so much

I wrote a whole long reply to this with some guestimated figures but figured you wouldnt take notice anyway.

Just go back to yor permission with your mate and accept that those bad naughty stalkers have stopped you shooting a CWD becuae they want to make a living or at least break even on stalking rights

If someone invests money in a recreational lease then they are quite within their rights to want a bit of reward for that investment

Just think that on a 5k lease you have to go out 36 times with a paying guest (at £140 per outing) to just cover the lease not including your time, vehicle, insurance or any highseats / works you put in

Dan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad i dont have to pay got several mates with land who would be glad to take me stalking deer for a favour , its only abit venison , ,but i have payed to track bear and lion but a BIT more exiting, if you have to pay alot for to shoot a roe etc well start chapping doors and do the farmers favours and youll get the odd stalk with the rifle for a reasonable rate

I wrote a whole long reply to this with some guestimated figures but figured you wouldnt take notice anyway.

Just go back to yor permission with your mate and accept that those bad naughty stalkers have stopped you shooting a CWD becuae they want to make a living or at least break even on stalking rights

If someone invests money in a recreational lease then they are quite within their rights to want a bit of reward for that investment

Just think that on a 5k lease you have to go out 36 times with a paying guest (at £140 per outing) to just cover the lease not including your time, vehicle, insurance or any highseats / works you put in

Dan

i dont mind any one making a profit £120/£140 daily rate £60/£70 per cull/doe then they want to charge for the meat :wallbash: thats taking the piss wright your reply lets see your figures i bet it still doesnt warrent the price some want and before you say £20 hour the min wage is £5.80 and theres a lot of people which have to work for that we are all not so luck to have well payed jobs

Just to put things into prespective, most things in shooting have a cost.

I had a chap out yesterday and we saw a few does but weren't lucky enough to shoot 1.

He paid his outing fee and said that would have been 2 lowland pheasants if he'd scored it would have been 3 or 2 high bird pheasants.

Thats not even enough birds to do 1 drive on most shoots never mind a day or morning's shooting + a keepers tip.

Get a grip.

Dan

i dont mind any one making a profit £120/£140 daily rate £60/£70 per cull/doe then they want to charge for the meat :wallbash: thats taking the piss wright your reply lets see your figures i bet it still doesnt warrent the price some want and before you say £20 hour the min wage is £5.80 and theres a lot of people which have to work for that we are all not so luck to have well payed jobs

Wboulter

Not being funny but where i live i earn £150.00 a day as a tradesman, i earn that because its the going rate, These guys do what they do and charge what they charge for a reason.

I personaly given the chance would drop everything tomorrow and go and do the same.

To much whinging going on, your starting to sound like a girl.

Airborne

Have to agree with the last post . :kiss: Not all the cwd stalking is pay by the day .Still a lot of farmers want rid of them ,knock on doors and stop whining.Be thankful that you have free stalking of any sort .

As long as people are up front about thier costs i have no problem with it but i once shot a red stag to be told that it would cost me £200 to have the headset .This was after agreeing there was no trophy fees involved .I had the last laugh as the antlers left with me without him knowing :clapper:

Edited by foxdropper

Most days I would give £120 so that I didn't have to take inept whinging wankers stalking there lack of shooting ability always amazes me as does the amount of times some twat turns up with a rifle that isn't zeroed and then moans because we have to spend half the stalk sorting their gun. If only people could learn to walk without talking and shuffling along like some retard.Thank god I don't make my living from stalking it would do my head in I can do the cull far more efficiently my self.

There you go fella you had your moan I've had mine :tongue2:

for those who say i am a whinger thats ok because i am known for it :tongue2: ive paid £120 daily and still do. ive paid to shoot red stag, sika stags, even a silver medal roe buck and as for the cost it does not come in to it. being charged per cull/doe animal i dont agree with.there i go again winging :tongue2: for those of you calling me a girl i make 1 ugly f**king girl :kiss: :kiss: :tongue2::tongue2: and you have upset me by saying nasty things like stop whinging :feck: and it all started by asking why some stalkers charge so much. i must have touched a nerve with one or two of you :hmm::hmm:

for those who say i am a whinger thats ok because i am known for it :tongue2: ive paid £120 daily and still do. ive paid to shoot red stag, sika stags, even a silver medal roe buck and as for the cost it does not come in to it. being charged per cull/doe animal i dont agree with.there i go again winging :tongue2: for those of you calling me a girl i make 1 ugly f**king girl :kiss: :kiss: :tongue2::tongue2: and you have upset me by saying nasty things like stop whinging :feck: and it all started by asking why some stalkers charge so much. i must have touched a nerve with one or two of you :hmm::hmm:

Girl,lol.

I have to agree, some professional stalkers do charge large sums of cash for what equates to nothing more than a single shot. Yes they have time, insurance, fuel, leases etc etc but then they also have the carcass to sell. I 'got-in-to' stalking around ten to fifteen years ago and quickly realised that there was not a chance in hell of me being able to afford £100+ per day, so I set about looking for land to lease. This wasn't a cheap option in the short term, as I had to get a solicitor to draw up lease documents which cost a fortune, then I had to find land and then lease land. What surprised me was the cost of leasing which in comparison to the cost of a days stalking was very low, around £1 per acre! Then I hit another problem, the land owners all wanted to know if I had experience or something to prove I knew what I was doing. So then came the cost of the DSC1 / 2 and so on. Okay, now I can stalk all day, keep what I cull and do as I please. In fact a friend and I will be stalking Roe later today / evening. This has always been my approach to most things, for example after getting in to stalking I found that I had to pay a butcher to process the carcasses, I got fed up with forking out my hard earned cash, so I got a job in a butchers for six months (life sort of pushed me in the way as well).

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you don't want to pay £100 per stalk then get out and find some stalking, in a few years it could be you charging £100 per stalk!

John

Edited by HUnter_zero

Shop around then fella not all stalkers charge extra for cull animals.It isn't always the stalker who gets to decide the fee most large estates employ a keeper/stalker they have to cover the cost of employment all year round plus insurance etc.It is then the estate who set the price who are keen to maximize profit.