whats the best 4x4 for lampin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my oppinion these are the top 10 motors for lamping from and driving fields........;)

1. toyota landcruiser 80 series

2. subaru forester 2.0 (non turbo)

3. nissan patrol 4.2 gr

4. subaru legacy (non turbo)

5. isuzu trooper 2.8 tdi (old shape)

6. daihatsu fourtrak independant

7. mitsubishi shogun

8. range rover classic

9. landrover defender 90

10. landrover discovery

If your regular offroad hunting in all terrain, were there taking abuse, not just muddy fields mine would be

1. Landrover Defender 90

2. Toyota Hilux

3. Toyota Landcruiser

Given that the landrovers are the most uncomfortable on the road by far, for noise, suspension, mpg, there not ideal for long distance but for offroad ability and durability, day in and out there ideal... The toyotas are ideal also for reliability and more comfort... Everyones got there own choices, there wouldn't be so many 4x4 variants around if they didn't...

Ive had s few 4x4 over the years Landrover 110 and Landrover 90 Discovery a honda quad which was great until It came to shooting foxes on a cold night now on a L200 but without a doubt for off road work the best I ever had was a Suzuki sj413 1300 cc engine 5 speed box like a bloody idiot i sold it and bought a landrover big big mistake.

For carrying dogs round shoot lamping foxes and general shoot work the sj413 was unbeatable.

ive a range rover classic 300tdi, with bigger turbo and intercooler, 3" suspension lift, 3" body lift, 38x13.5 r16 creepy crawlers on it(new), it does get stuck, but only stuck behind boys in toys like sj's :boogie:

comfy seats, bit of extra sound proofing, its fuking great, in fields i can run at 3-5psi, no ground damage. reinflate the tyres with an air-con pump for roads

none of that top 10 will get anywere near [bANNED TEXT] a vitara with gud off road tyres will

all of them will out last a vitara and all have a lot more room and boot space.....;)

none of that top 10 will get anywere near [bANNED TEXT] a vitara with gud off road tyres will

all of them will out last a vitara and all have a lot more room and boot space.....;)

Aye ur right lucky but for the price of a landy you could go through 4 or 5 Vitaras, I'll stick with the Suzukis :thumbs:

Yes but how long will they last up to real use or abuse..?

Much cheaper to fix & replace than ur LR's & very capable offroad. If you visited a pay & play site you'd see for yourself :thumbs:

for me it depends on distance your travelling to get to your lamping place hence price of fuel per night price of fuel is scandalas :icon_eek: usually i cover 200 to 250 milesa night subaru £50ish rangerover\disco\90 £80 for me it has to be rangy or landrover for cheapnes and availabilty of parts they do brake dont i know it but if you try keep them maintained you should be ok they need good tyres as with any land tool if its dry you cannot beat the subby throw aways lol :thumbs: trying a rangerover lse with a 300 tdi this year just took out a 200bhp 4.2 v8 engine with gas it was awesome but would have cost atleast £140 even on gas lol it has an extra 8" of legroom so we can take more ammo on the long runs out nothing worse than traveling miles n miles and either laming\loosing a dog then avin to trap is there we recon we could travel 6 in this regards