whats the best 4x4 for lampin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get a early 90,s ford maverick 2.7 td and normally get one on ebay for under a grand :thumbs:

iv heard very bad reports about the maverick, that they will cost more to sort out than they are worth

dunno theres a breakers near me with 4 in so i wouldnt have to pay much for bits.

i see some come up regually for £600-700 so if you had space when one packs up you could keep it for spares :)

Guest rexdigger

walk with your dogs

firstly depends on where you are driving and what for screwing across fields ..subaru estate old type gl and there again whos driving.rough driving just over acouple of brooks and filds then a defender is as good as owt but to be honest any 4x4 with a good set of boots should do the trick......subaru for me with a good man at wheelnotworthy.gif

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Unless your lamping in oz, the u.s or somewhere else with real big land, why do you need a 4x4? JUst wondered if you genuinely need it or just cant be assed to walk?

No offense meant . . . . i just wondered why you (or anyone else on here) feels they need one. To me it doesn't make much sense with the dog, but is a useful tool when lamping to shoot with the rifle.

atb

Jai.

OLD SUBARU MV PICK UP 1800 PETROL, QUEIT, STRANG AS BELL METAL ENGINES, PANELS ARE PRONE TO ROT, AND THEY DO SIT A LITTLE LOW, BUT SEEN SUM GO ON E-BAY RECENTLY FOR COUPLE HUNDRED NOTES. THERE FAIRLY BASIC, THEREFORE EASY TO WERK ON.

WOULDNT GO CHUCKIN BIG $$$$$ ON A 4X4 THAT INEVETABLY IS GUNNA GET F*C*ED. ATB...

• 1 month later...

I use a Suzuki sj413 samurai! It's got a hard top but converts to an open truck back perfect for shooting out of !! Didn't realise you could get stuck offroad until I had to tow a mates hilux out of a boggy track! Got a spare engine so when there both nackered I'll be getting a diesel transplant!! Hard to find a good one as most have been snapped up by offroaders but if you do find one there allyou need for a field motor!! Cheap tax cheap insurance but drives like a boat on road strictly an offroad dogs and ferret transporter!! P.s if this is going to be the motor you use full time leave it as it's one uncomfortable sh@t on normal roads!!

okay waiting for the laughs but i had a vauxhall fontera 2.l swb put some sticky tyres on it , sorted the fuel pipes and used to drive it whilst my assoc. shot thru the back roof which comes out completey.it did a very good job and when on the road goes well with a very good turning circle.