High Seats

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any high seat plans they wanted to share,either timber or metal,ive heard someone does highseat building coarses.Thanks in advance

Andy

PM sent.

ft

P1010640-1.jpg

Edit, Sorry this is the PD High Seat :icon_redface:

Edited by flytie

Thanks FT I received your pm,I sent an email back hope you got it.Is that a pic of one of the PD high seats ? looks a good one.Thanks again Andy

alrite pal don't mean to jump on your thread but was looking at building a few highseats myself so if you do get any info on designs could'nt let me know could you cheers :whistling:

Thanks all for your help,thanks for letting me see your seat Flytie it was nice to meet you ,its always good to put a face to a name, its very well built & if all goes well I'll be ringing P.D

Andy

My pleasure Wint.

Atb, ft

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I can't help on the plans, but if you have the equipment and the time, here's the sort of thing you could build, this was my A-level DT project a couple of years ago, made from steel I was originally going to try and make it from aluminium, but learning to TIG weld would have taken too long, currently it's Powder coated in the exact MOD olive colour. Unfortunately i don't have any plans for it as I dropped my memory stick I had them on, (drawn of a 2D CAD package) and it got either run over by a car or chewed by a dog or something like that and the stick was buggered and I couldn't retrieve the designs...

4380446882_39cd1f5360.jpg

4379688915_db5b096c57.jpg

I guess this might give you some ideas...

Cheers

DB

Well done DB,did it cost much to make ?

Andy

pfffff Heck I can hardly remember... not a huge amount.... less than £200 for materials I think, the back rest/tree gripping plate was laser cut so that'd cost extra, I gotta say though, It's pretty comfy, it's had a few deer shot out of it and the general concensus is pretty good, I modeled it pretty closely to the folding ali seat from bushwear in terms of the geometry, the locking mechanism I designed... in fact I managed to find the exact same seat they have on the commercial seat from a manufacturer in Germany which was about £50 for two seats and back rests plus postage... the make seating solutions for stadiums, conference halls that kind of thing

sorry not to be able to be more help :(

DB