Funny looking crow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a female sparrowhawk in first pics and a buzzard in the second lot - not a goshawk or kestrel in sight!   OTC

yellow eyes makes me think its a female sparrowhawk

Definately a Sparrow hawk that, and with the size of it a female one. Female sparrow hawks are twice the size of the males.   Goshawks have got more barring on their chests and are bigger birds alto

Posted Images

It is a female sparrowhawk in first pics and a buzzard in the second lot - not a goshawk or kestrel in sight!

OTC

Defo a female Spar in the first one and the second looks like a Buzzard but it looks a bit small compared to the Magpie, maybe its just the pic.

Definately a Sparrow hawk that, and with the size of it a female one. Female sparrow hawks are twice the size of the males.

Goshawks have got more barring on their chests and are bigger birds altogether. A goshawk will bring a cock pheasant down in flight no problem. In the second set of photos the bird is definately a buzzard. :victory:

fozzy

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read this thread, very funny, I cant belive there is even a debate about this! :laugh: :laugh: Like many have said, ITS A FEMALE SPARROWHAWK lol even male and female sparrowhawks look totally different, there is NO confusion here what-so-ever. Thanks for sharing the pictures John Gallway it has made entertaining reading for me! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just read this thread, very funny, I cant belive there is even a debate about this! :laugh: :laugh: Like many have said, ITS A FEMALE SPARROWHAWK lol even male and female sparrowhawks look totally different, there is NO confusion here what-so-ever. Thanks for sharing the pictures John Gallway it has made entertaining reading for me! :thumbs:

No probs :) Am glad ya enjoyed it. It was great seeing one of these birds up close and personal after seeing them in action for so long around the area.

Never laughed so much at a serious post........."av let the kestrel go"...."its no a kestrel"...."Well av let the goshawk go then"......."try again"...."buzzard?"...."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".....its a bloody female sparrowhawk :yes::laugh::laugh::laugh: