Funny looking crow

I put up a thread someplace before, same type bird that got hit by a car, mate found it. Took a pic and think it got identified as a kestrel. Anyway, I'm no expert, just going on what I was told.

Seems like it's not just a funny looking crow then :clapper:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a female sparrowhawk in first pics and a buzzard in the second lot - not a goshawk or kestrel in sight!   OTC

yellow eyes makes me think its a female sparrowhawk

Definately a Sparrow hawk that, and with the size of it a female one. Female sparrow hawks are twice the size of the males.   Goshawks have got more barring on their chests and are bigger birds alto

Posted Images

They only moved in here in the past 4 or 5 years. I'd not seen anything like them before that, nice to see them hoovering, but, I'm sure they give the small birds a battering. I've seen seagulls killed on the island across the way, would they manage one I wonder? Not the black backs but smaller gulls.

hi mate it,s defo a sparrowhawk but a male not a female as otc has stated...males have the black barred chest females have orange barred chest...atb fellas great photos all the same...darrell.

I beg to differ on this one Darrell - unless you know something that I don't?

The musket is 2/3 the size of the spar and a totally different colour

These guys 'appear' to know a thing or two about British Birds and their identification, if my word is unqualified ...

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/s/sparrowhawk/index.aspx

OTC

They only moved in here in the past 4 or 5 years. I'd not seen anything like them before that, nice to see them hoovering,

Does they use a Dyson ?clapper.gif

I tell you John, my larsen was never as clean as when that fella left it, we could do a barter service, he can hoover and I'll supply greycrows and magpies :clapper: