Funny looking crow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a female sparrowhawk in first pics and a buzzard in the second lot - not a goshawk or kestrel in sight!   OTC

yellow eyes makes me think its a female sparrowhawk

Definately a Sparrow hawk that, and with the size of it a female one. Female sparrow hawks are twice the size of the males.   Goshawks have got more barring on their chests and are bigger birds alto

Posted Images

The first three are OK, the last two are proper dodgy though, I only had the camera phone with me. Wanted to let him out ASAP so couldn't very well go home for the digital camera. During the summer a mate brought one over that had been hit by a car, nice to see one up close... and alive! Dad wasn't impressed :censored::clapper: Reckoned he'd do a lot of damage to the little birds. Reckon I've done enough damage to the magpies and greycrows to give them a fighting chance.

Must've been after the call bird, which was a greycrow (hooded crow). Can't see any other reason it'd go in there, another possibility was a song bird went into the cage picking at grain and the Kestrel was following it. Either way, it got more than it bargained for.