NO i would'nt but please tell me why you think that qoute MOST ROUGH SHOOTING FOLK PROBABLY WOULD :boxing:

I wondered about that statement too hily. He must have some strange rough shooting friends perhaps?

Can't imagine anyone I know, even thinking of shooting at thrushes. There is usually two, sitting on my bird feeder every morning, waiting for sultanas! We are too short of song birds to go shooting them.

Well lets just say that anything that moves out here is fair game to some stupid people with guns. :no:

Now then i think you are a man who loves his sport of working dogs but has a bee in his bonnet about shooters. please don't lump all shooters as stupid as there are stupid people in all things as a shooter most stick to the rules of game seasons dont pull the trigger on quarry that have a hardship ban inforce on them try not to kill hen birds on a cock only day etc we make a choice to pull the trigger or not. some dog people don't or cant train there dogs so when they slip them they have little control over what they chase and kill but these people are only a handfull and dos'nt meen all dog people are stupid.As a rough shooter who works and shoots over spaniels i think i have something in common with the dog people and that is i like to see my dog work for me .So if you have posted this daft question about thrushes to have a go at shooters the replys have not given you any reason to argue with shooters, and when asked to expand on your point about rough shooters you can only come up with stupid people with guns.don't you think we should be sticking together and not posting about airy fairy subjects that will never be an issue here in britian .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi lads,

So the Italians, Romanians and French etc like to shoot thrushes of all types, Song, Mistle, Redwing, Fieldfare and so on.

Would you shoot them if they were legal here in UK and Ireland?

:hmm:

My guess is that most rough shooting folk probably would.

Personally, I would not.

Quite Simply NO! :censored:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads,

So the Italians, Romanians and French etc like to shoot thrushes of all types, Song, Mistle, Redwing, Fieldfare and so on.

Would you shoot them if they were legal here in UK and Ireland?

:hmm:

My guess is that most rough shooting folk probably would.

Personally, I would not.

No dont see the point