• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice pics mate

sounds like a good day nice photos pal

good day for dogs and men by the looks of things, good clean sets, quick runs and some excellent photography.

Do your whippets open up (Yap) when coursing. The reason i ask is that i am thinking of putting my bitch back to a whippet. i know some do and some dont and to some people it doesnt matter but it can be a bugger if your ferreting woodland every noise sounds twice as loud and then the rabbits spend all morning galloping around the warren.

This is a genuine enquiry im not knocking whippets :thumbs:

well Nigel invited me out this morning for a trip to the dales, I had young Dodger with me, and Nigel had Jack, the paln for the day was to bolt for the dogs and see what happened,

we had some fantastic sport and a few luck reabbits got away.

Dodger is showing excellent promise for me with good marking, speed agility and a good strike, he certainly lacks no confidens.

he made some cracking catches today for me and together the dogs bagged 10 for the freezer.

I managed to get a few photos so here they are.

Jack and Dodger checking out a set

DSC_7557.jpg

Dodger

DSC_7554.jpg

DSC_7553.jpg

Nigel collaring up a jill

DSC_7559.jpg

my silver jill Lilly

DSC_7579.jpg

this sequence is a rabbit that one of my young jills bolted on her first set, Dodger wasn't gunna let it get away.

DSC_7632.jpg

DSC_7634.jpg

DSC_7636.jpg

DSC_7638.jpg

DSC_7640.jpg

finally he picked it up

DSC_7642.jpg

and anther good run for both Dogs this rabbits really made them work with some nice turns

DSC_7677.jpg

DSC_7678.jpg

DSC_7679.jpg

DSC_7680.jpg

DSC_7681.jpg

Dodger nailed it this time

DSC_7682.jpg

this was a reasonable set for the young jill to have another bash

first bolter

DSC_7671.jpg

DSC_7672.jpg

nearly

DSC_7673.jpg

but he slips and a bad tumble

DSC_7674.jpg

we bolted two more the second

DSC_7675.jpg

DSC_7676.jpg

Jacked nailed it but sadly no pic, the third come out with the young jill attached so no pics then called it aday with 10.

EOD shot

DSC_7669.jpg

Thanks to Nigel for a cracking day.

looks like you had a good day mate.some good shots of the dogs in action atb.

good day for dogs and men by the looks of things, good clean sets, quick runs and some excellent photography.

Do your whippets open up (Yap) when coursing. The reason i ask is that i am thinking of putting my bitch back to a whippet. i know some do and some dont and to some people it doesnt matter but it can be a bugger if your ferreting woodland every noise sounds twice as loud and then the rabbits spend all morning galloping around the warren.

This is a genuine enquiry im not knocking whippets :thumbs:

Answereing your question mate, i have 2 neither of which open up there silent assasins.

my frriend who has the black dog has 5 whippets and only 1 opens up occasionally which is the black dog he was bred by a racer and had been raced where he feels the bad habbit arrised, but once he has caught a couple he tends to settle down and not yap.

Tom