Is it normal for shoots to behave like this??

Now i would like to ask your opinions on this situation as ive no idea what the common practice of a shooting syndicate is.

I currently work on a farm, i have done for 5 years now, where a syndicate pays the farmer X ammount per year to run a game shoot, also added onto this ammount is the work carried out by us for there game cover ect ect.

This season i did all their ground prep from ploughing to fertilizing but not the actual drilling (about 5 acres of land), mainly because the farmer was busy and they were worrying about it not being done on time.

In april i got my FAC and the farmer told me i could shoot as often as i liked aslong as i asked him, which was fine but i had a few run-ins with the syndicate people not liking it and so now i have to ask both of them to go out shooting to keep the peace and make sure the saftey aspect is there too which is fine ill massarge ego's to get some shooting in and i certanly dont want any injuries.

The bit that i find very unusual is that neither me not the land owner have been invited on 1 shoot this season. Do we have a rude bunch of :wankerzo4: or are syndicates often like this??

Unfortunaly i cant get the farmer to get rid of them for some reason, porably the money, going to try and get a contract drawn up to point out they dont own the place.

rant over.

The cheek of some folk!!!!!!! Why dont you put your hand in your pocket and pay to join the syndicate? You work on the farm so you are not doing the syndicate any favours by putting game crops in.......thats your f***ing job!!! Last thing too...the farmer is being a bit of a twat saying that you can shoot whatever you like when he is already getting paid by a syndicate.

the invite out on the shoot is just manners most social shoots abide by that un written rule and allow a farmer and helpers on the shoot a couple of days at the back end , apart from that unless the syndicate has the rabbit shooting in with their lease on the shoot the farmer is well within his rights to allow you and one other to shoot and control vermin ie pigeons rabbits crows ect,which has nothing at all to do with GAME shooting , some syndicates just want no one on the land but its not the abiding law unless they have it written on their lease.good luck in the future

• Like 1

Now i would like to ask your opinions on this situation as ive no idea what the common practice of a shooting syndicate is.

I currently work on a farm, i have done for 5 years now, where a syndicate pays the farmer X ammount per year to run a game shoot, also added onto this ammount is the work carried out by us for there game cover ect ect.

This season i did all their ground prep from ploughing to fertilizing but not the actual drilling (about 5 acres of land), mainly because the farmer was busy and they were worrying about it not being done on time.

In april i got my FAC and the farmer told me i could shoot as often as i liked aslong as i asked him, which was fine but i had a few run-ins with the syndicate people not liking it and so now i have to ask both of them to go out shooting to keep the peace and make sure the saftey aspect is there too which is fine ill massarge ego's to get some shooting in and i certanly dont want any injuries.

The bit that i find very unusual is that neither me not the land owner have been invited on 1 shoot this season. Do we have a rude bunch of :wankerzo4: or are syndicates often like this??

Unfortunaly i cant get the farmer to get rid of them for some reason, porably the money, going to try and get a contract drawn up to point out they dont own the place.

rant over.

The cheek of some folk!!!!!!! Why dont you put your hand in your pocket and pay to join the syndicate? You work on the farm so you are not doing the syndicate any favours by putting game crops in.......thats your f***ing job!!! Last thing too...the farmer is being a bit of a twat saying that you can shoot whatever you like when he is already getting paid by a syndicate.

LAB I AGREA WITH YOU this lads not as green as he pretends to be it boils your p**s when you find holes the size of 22 rounds in your feeders and spent cartridges in and around your pens mybe respect of others can biuld up trust this starts with everybody having a get together and talking not spitting the dummy out because someone has the balls to tell you your out of order .

I really feel for all you lads in england who have to beg for shooting or pay through your nose for it.. I pay 50 euro annually to have the rights ove 10000 acres of land for rough shooting pheasants pigeons rabbits duck and best of all woodcock. I pay another 40 euro insurance and im away...bags are not big my best day was two cock pheasants, brace of woodcock, half a dozen snipe and a couple of pigeons. Might be modest to you in england but that is a very good bag. Many blanks but who cares. The best thing of all is that i set of at dawn with a brace of spaniels and return at dusk sometimes never encountering another person and maybe nt even crossing a road. We are really blesseed in ireland. Only thing about gun clubs is that they are hard to get into. You must be a local or have land in the club.

dont like to rub your nose in it but i think you will agree that that is quite a good deal

cheers

boy

• 4 weeks later...

rant over.

I approached a local farmer who also owns a shoot i beat on this shoot for 4 seasons, then told the farmer i would do all his dogging in if he wanted me to. He was over the moon.he gets better returns now cause of the time i spend dogging in, and all my pups tht i bring on are all rock steady. its a diy shoot but none of the guns could be bothered to do this. so im flavour of the month, and i get offered 2 days shooting a season which pisses the guns off even more. Its all give and take, mate.

That does seem rude/unusual not to at least get an invite to boys day :hmm: sounds like you have a better deal now- let them get on with it.