My first Patterbull

Hello everyone, I am eric I am new to the earth dog terrier world. I am from california. I have a 13 month old Patterdale/pitt cross, he is 22 lbs. his name is zues. We have been on 2 hunts and got on two coon. He got to a couple of possum on the back yard. I have never dug to him yet, I have only worked him above ground in some blackberry thickets and a hollowed out tree. He has shown very good sign, locating a few rabbits and bolting them. so i know he has a decent nose. he has tons of drive. watch the video and enjoy.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/f1b40e1d1a5329544faa44e85af83fb7/video/9435614

hers another after his mom sinner bolted a rabbit as well.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/e2d678ff15f8359360e480fdbec8676a/video/9233801

enjoy thanks for reading.

Edited by DOA

well we dont sell dogs we keep them between tight friends, we do alot of brush work here, and the sense in the cross is there are coyote here as well. you put you 12 to 15 lb patt in there solo, you will have pat kabobs in no time. alos zues is the largest of the litter. his sisters are 16 and 17 lbs and very spannable. but zues is more of a badger coyote dog. and a brush buster for sure. i understand what you are saying fully though. his father was a 31 lb brindle. very athletic and smart and witty. his mother is 14lb full patterdale solid little bitch. good nose. the pups are shaping up nicely. if all we dug here were fox, coon, and groundhogs then i would keep it more traditional with a patt but this is not the case here in california. what you are saying makes tons of sense tho. i have the luxury of seeing and working with both parents. i would never purchase a dog the i have never seen the parents work. kinda pointless in my opinion

were these breed in cali and the mother was a black n the fater was a smaller pitt dog ?

yes sir you are correct the dogs were bred in cali, she is a all black broken coat patt, the father is a gamey 31 lb pitt dog for sure, he was no joke. zues is the largest at 22 lbs. There is one pup we just sent to ireland to a buddy of mainattraction named bryan.

DOA i'm sure a mate in MO has a bitch form you from what he's told me about the bitch sounds like shes going in the right direction for the work he wants her to do.

Ratkilla, you are correct his name is jay and his pups name is pandora. Altho he did not get the dog from me we are all intertwined by mainattraction who is the man who breeds them he is a very good friend of mine. i have never met jay alotho i plan to in the near future. from what i have seen and heard his pup is going to ground fairly regularly. she an up and coming killer for sure.

Hello everyone, I am eric I am new to the earth dog terrier world. I am from california. I have a 13 month old Patterdale/pitt cross, he is 22 lbs. his name is zues. We have been on 2 hunts and got on two coon. He got to a couple of possum on the back yard. I have never dug to him yet, I have only worked him above ground in some blackberry thickets and a hollowed out tree. He has shown very good sign, locating a few rabbits and bolting them. so i know he has a decent nose. he has tons of drive. watch the video and enjoy.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/f1b40e1d1a5329544faa44e85af83fb7/video/9435614

hers another after his mom sinner bolted a rabbit as well.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/e2d678ff15f8359360e480fdbec8676a/video/9233801

enjoy thanks for reading.

i bred a similer cross by mistake many years ago only it was a lakeland to a 39lb bull,dog caught bitch dont no if they worked well but bet they were keen never saw how any looked full grown all the best with your pups,ive seen 18 lb borders get to ground if they want to go they will get there fact :thumbs:

hi there,

great dog i hope you have a full work with him.

but i want to ask you something, why patterdale with apbt?

what you think that patterdale need from a apbt?

or what patterdale have that apbt need? (this one is stupid, with the numbers of pet bulls rising it's hard to find a apbt with real game!!)

so, my purpose in this post is, in the last 2/3 years i've been hearding some disgusting news off some people mixing some worlds that must be apart of each other.

you have some apbt with good weight for that kind of work, why don't you use them?

i know some jeep dog's with 13/14 kg, some mayday x Tex mex with 16 kg, some chinaman with some 15/16 kg.

i don't understand why use the famous "Piranha dog's" (this is one name for this cross, with red rocket)?

and why do this cross...

best regards,

well buddy like i said before i am not the breeder, i am just getting into terriers like i also said before. This is my first working terrier. so we will soon find out how it all works out. I am not here to debate anything or object to some one just sharing their dog. So i understand the question and i am afraid i am the wrong person to awnser your question. I have basicly relayed what has been portrayed to me. I am not willing to take this topic any further, I may not relay the information correctly so I may be misinforming you as well. I do know the all the dogs are working out half way decent, a few have gon to ground, and all have busted game in the brush and done well. I will get my good friend involved in this and he will give his thoughts as to why he chose to cross them. personally i have no issues with it as i am very happy with my dog.