Callmaster Digital Predator Call

Anybody used one of these, just had someone offer me one for £150, they are tiny little things about 3/4 of the size of a credit card, with an add on speaker for further range...

Digital%20Caller.jpg

http://www.decoying.co.uk/?page=show-item&item=122

Sounds shit hot! for attracting vermin, when he showed me....but the cost is a bit extreme...I nearly died when he said the price... :lol:

Guest baldie

The drawback with that particular model, is it has a fair few bird calls on it Ian, geese, duck etc which is ok if you want them, no good if you are purely foxing.I have a callout, which has a better range of sounds and does work. the main failing of these two however, is a remote control would be very useful, the callout has a one minute timer so you can put it down away from you, and as i say, it does work, but a bit more control would be useful. With this in mind, i,ve ordered a foxpro from the states, whilst considerably more expensive, it has a lot more features. The one i,m getting, has 16 sounds which you pick from a huge list, and they put them in for you on assembly, however, for a few more quid, i have ordered a little device with it, which enables you to re programme it with your own sounds from a cd, computer, or tape, and the web is full of animal sounds!It also has a remote control which enables you to up/down the volume, also to change the sound whilst in use, and the remote has a 700 yard range!The yanks are way in front of us with e callers, and having watched several video,s of cuyote, and crow blasting using one, i have no doubt as to their effectiveness, check out their site at www.gofoxpro.com :good:

Bullx is right for a change :o there very good but i've got a different 1 its called PREDATION its a mp3 player about the same size as a torch its rechargeable and you get 160 calls with it.It only holds 10 and you need a PC to put em on it CABELLA'S have got them in but i got mine from gamekeepafeeds.co.uk about £179 :icon_eek:

Guest baldie

Its big in the states, the predation, burnie, didnt know anyone was importing them, does your gadget have a timer Bull x?, and do you need to use an extra speaker with it, if its windy?

Guest Bull Cross
Its big in the states, the predation, burnie, didnt know anyone was importing them, does your gadget have a timer Bull x?, and do you need to use an extra speaker with it, if its windy?

The main box itself is smaller than a packet of fags , and theres an amplified speaker with it , which is very loud . You shouldn't need to use the speaker very often, . There are only three calls on the chip which a foxing lad would find usefull , but they are f****n brilliant .

Mates selling one exactly the same, never been used in action yet... he wants £150 for it..offered me it, but still to steep for me anyway :p , but as the lads say sounds ace :D

Hi lads,

After a couple of cock-ups, managed to register on the forum :good:

I'm one half of the 'Decoying.co.uk' outfit and after being sent this link (thanks for the nice comments), thought I'd give you guys a bit of info on the caller.

Firstly, I have to agree that its a bit pricey, but unless we can sell thousands and thousands of them, we'll not really get the price down by much. :(

Although the 'Callmaster' only has 3 dedicated fox calls on it, they are more than enough, I generally kill a couple of hundred charlies a year and have never felt the need for a 'rat with squashed bollocks' of 'arctic fox pup in distress' call. The chip was built to help UK foxing fans go out and get RESULTS...it does that fantastically well and we had no need to import American callers to try to work on our species. The crow, magpie, etc calls are on the chip to try to produce something for everyone; there is also a dedicated chip available for deer stalkers.

In the near future, a wireless remote version will be available at probably under £200, though I honestly feel a remote is not really necessary. That said, we all have different needs and wants!

Apologies to Admin if this comes across as the 'hard sell'...its not, honestly!

If any one from the site decides to order the 'Callmaster' though, just let us have your username...we'll throw in some Deerhunter camo gear for your support.

I look forward to exploring the site, it looks a good read.

Cheers,

Deako :p