saluki

Guest Mass_G3nocide

Poor pup with a defect like that i would give it away to a non working home.Some breeders just dont care.I once see a puppy spriger like that,.Now the dogs fine i cant remember what it was called.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

its not a major problem ,these alledged defects and yes khan stuff is googd without doubt,but remember how khan is bred ....tepe/gawra x kizzy pharoh and dont think for a minuet e an injection of coo blood is the silver bullet , and will cure all,take it from me ,there is alot more sh...t coo blood out there than enough with major problems..

kizzy /pharoh ..tepe gawra ,is some of the fastest sal blood you can find anywhare in the world and im sure it will be around for a while yet ,yes there is allways room for inprovement ,it takes time ,could be years of carefull breeding to do this , its a tricky job and no quick fix answers , finding genuine working stock from around the world isnt easy ,and finding good stuff is a fkn nightmare :thumbs:

Kizzy/pharoh saluki pup.

Meerihunter also had a pup from similar lines with the same problem :icon_eek:

S6000616.jpg

whats the name of the sire and dam to that pup?

:hmm:

its not a major problem ,these alledged defects and yes khan stuff is googd without doubt,but remember how khan is bred ....tepe/gawra x kizzy pharoh and dont think for a minuet e an injection of coo blood is the silver bullet , and will cure all,take it from me ,there is alot more sh...t coo blood out there than enough with major problems..

kizzy /pharoh ..tepe gawra ,is some of the fastest sal blood you can find anywhare in the world and im sure it will be around for a while yet ,yes there is allways room for inprovement ,it takes time ,could be years of carefull breeding to do this , its a tricky job and no quick fix answers , finding genuine working stock from around the world isnt easy ,and finding good stuff is a fkn nightmare :thumbs:

Kizzy/pharoh saluki pup.

Meerihunter also had a pup from similar lines with the same problem :icon_eek:

S6000616.jpg

whats the name of the sire and dam to that pup?

The sire was Delightful Cruise from the N.E., cannot for the life of me remember the dams name :hmm: , i had a brief conversation with the breeders whilst the litter was for sale but thankfully decided not to pursue buying one

and if ,,it is a genetic fauld ..well the answer is simple ,spay ..castrate or cull

The answer is unfortunately no where near as simple as neutering/spaying or culling as they maybe carriers of the condition but not show it themselves and if paired to another carrier you will get pups with this problem.

The problem could really blow up in our faces after a few more generations tight line breeding, I know COO stock can have its own problems but outcrossing can only improve the gentic health of Saluki in the UK.

That is the nature of these problems, before you know it it's through the whole line and then there is nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1

:thumbs: grand parents 2 my new pup

The bitch on the kennel looks VERY much like she,s off Deacon :yes: ...........was her dam Brian T,s "Pip"?

THOMMO AINT ON THIS WEBSITE [bANNED TEXT]. EXACTLY WHAT DOG DO U MEAN IS FM DEACON & PIP & I,LL ASK HIM? THAT LITTER IS GOING BACK A BIT NOW.

and if ,,it is a genetic fauld ..well the answer is simple ,spay ..castrate or cull

The answer is unfortunately no where near as simple as neutering/spaying or culling as they maybe carriers of the condition but not show it themselves and if paired to another carrier you will get pups with this problem.

The problem could really blow up in our faces after a few more generations tight line breeding, I know COO stock can have its own problems but outcrossing can only improve the gentic health of Saluki in the UK.

That is the nature of these problems, before you know it it's through the whole line and then there is nothing you can do about it.

well if they are carriers of these ...conditions and its genetic new blood wont cure it !! the genetic fault will still be there .for many generations .cull out the obvious dissorders blood tests and cull carriers by that time you have a new line !!! perhaps be more selective in the breeding and cull hard that applies to all breeds

Wasn't the dam Dellarus, it was a mother son mating and there was a suggestion of bad nutrition while rearing. I've seen a couple of lurcher pups like that poor little sod.

NATIVE SALUKIS USED 2 OFTEN SUFFER FM SUCH CONDITIONS DUE 2 CALCIUM/PHOS, DEFICENCY DUE 2 POOR DIET. UNLIKELY 2 BE THE CASE HERE AS THE CONDITION REOCCURED. MORE LIKELY A GENETIC PROBLEM. I AGREE WITH RIOHOG "CULL OR CASTRATE" HARSH AS IT MAY SOUND.
  • Like 1

The problem with khan is simple over use, the generation is swamped with khan blooded Saluki's, just the same as champion stud superiority in the show dog world it simply reduces the gene blood further.

Again I agree there is no doubting the working ability of his offspring, there is a bigger picture here though than simply producing the next generation of coursing dogs.