saluki

good honest answer. so why have salukis if there better stuff to go coursing with im just curious not crabbing

you need good stuff to make good stuff,with the x,s the pure sals just do it for me ,i like the challange the way they work ,yhe history of the breed , i suppose if not carefull it becomes obsesive ..lol

and i see room for inprovement with the stuff in the u/k and further afield and it keeps me out of the boozer !! :thumbs:

some x stuff now have better detailed pedigrees than any pure and can go back up to 10 gens of working stuff no tmnay salukis can do that stuff what you seen . but i wish you all luck with them.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

sugarplums thats the trouble they would go back as far if not further in their pedigrees but after the first imports 99% have been bred for show. I've seen salukis kill 3s 4s (and would have done more if their owners let them) down next to Salisbury plains which i think is the hardest land there is to catch on JMO. On the fens these same salukis would have done even better but like i said there is only a small % of good ones in the UK and top one are even fewer.

What lines were these Mush? How do you rate Sabti al sabat you got off P.S compared with these, do you think he would have "cut the mustard" single handed on open land?

miles ..was that sal bred from ..cream cracker and one of t/c,s bitches ?

Paul, to answer your question re "were any matched" Alan Booth won quite a few matches with Fred and don't forget Tony G's Shady won the Temple Brewer and ran up in the Forley and Ive seen other that certainly could do the business....................but I'm with you in that Ive never seen one as good as a top class saluki/lurcher ;)

saliks to me are one part of the hunting scenr and while i commend peole who have them they fall short for me as anite time snerping dog , maybe im wrong as i have not had one and brung it up like alurchewr or long dog, i have never liked a dog beacause of history it must fill te bag and the neighbours to ,i commend people on one hand for having them but give me a decent bred saluki lurcher any day for allround catching ability and sense etc

What lines were these Mush? How do you rate Sabti al sabat you got off P.S compared with these, do you think he would have "cut the mustard" single handed on open land?

As i said to you before( i think when you was asking about using him for stud) PS had nothing to do with me getting joe, my mate whos dead sorted it for me I didn't even know PS at the time.

Paul, to answer your question re "were any matched" Alan Booth won quite a few matches with Fred and don't forget Tony G's Shady won the Temple Brewer and ran up in the Forley and Ive seen other that certainly could do the business....................but I'm with you in that Ive never seen one as good as a top class saluki/lurcher ;)

PS also ran one of his bitches i think? think it was Annie?