Found Dog in a disgusting state

He was thoroughly checked tonite cant fault the vet she did everything and more for him.I cant understand how such an obedient well behaved clean affectionate mutt is in this mess.He will however get sorted here im sure we can fatten him up a bit soon.Its not great for the hunting fraternity either this kind of crap so hopefully we will restore his faith in humans.I cant help myself soft as hell plus he really is a great dog.Once he is fit he will be rehomed through the rescue but wont leave her till then.This way he wont be messed about plus he has settled now and slotted right in tbh.Wish i had a bigger house lol.

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was thoroughly checked tonite cant fault the vet she did everything and more for him.I cant understand how such an obedient well behaved clean affectionate mutt is in this mess.He will however get

Is the dog eating now: I've used mshed up sardines or pilchards in the past to tempt starving dogs: just a teaspoon full at a time: add a bit of hot water to make the smell stronger. I hope that it is just starvation and that there isn't something more serious wrong with him. Do keep us updated.

Were pretty sure it was just fear that was stopping him hes eating now id prefer him to eat more but hes eating enough just now.Hes eating dog meat with soem soaked kibble and sardines or chicken or any meat we can get for him chicken livers etc to build him up.Ive got him on 4 meals a day to try and get as much in without overloading his stomach as no doubt it may have shrunk.He smells better at th rear and doesnt fart as much and certainly looks a lot better after a bath lol.Hes been the perfect guest so he has never done the toilet in here and not chewed anything and fits in well.LOVES kids lol went bonkers trying to get to my daughter when she went into school started howling lol.He sat for over an hour with her last nite getting his ears rubbed sat in her lap while she messed about with her barbie laptop.He doesnt mind kids running right up to him as long as theres a pat involved.Hes a great wee lad never a problem so far hes got people feeding him hotdogs as they come in the door to get him over his fear of certain men.Hes non agressive just hides behind me.He does bark when the door goes but thats his lot really

Poor wee guy is not well meag exploding bum vet reckons its colitis so meds for that and antibiotics and then back in 3 days to check hes better.If not may be cryptospiridium.or a few other things mentioned but wait and see he got s**t half way up the wall and plug socket spent ages cleaning it all with viricide cleaned the crate and his beds are in the boil wash hope it survives it lol.Hes feeling sry for himself and peed off lol

Guest little lurcher

for the tummy id spoon down some live natural yoghurt , poor little mite , must be finding proper food a shock to system , i also have some stuff here i use for my italians when they get a bout if i have some spare ill send you some

"he got s**t half way up the wall and plug socket" :laugh:

Sorry, had to laugh at that one mate! lol.

Hope he gets better in time, and your a legend for taking him in, not many would.

Just watch yourself with those vets, make sure they are diagnosing whats wrong with him and not charging you for metacam and antibiotics that will do f-all. I should know, shelled over a grand on my spaniel.

All the best FTB

Lol yes the wall and the socket great area so clean now you could eat of it.Spent ages cleaning it but it wasnt his fault his bum was exploding.Hes got prebiotic and probiotic stuff in his medication they gave him pro kolin and antibiotics.Lucky the vet we seen was decent and he had a red raw a**e and wasnt maused when she took his temp.Hes fine now eating well and nack to normal hes still got a few wee niggles i picked up a belt and he launched himself down the hall screamin.So need to work on that one tbh hes an easy dog hes obediant and a great nature and loves kids and some people he is scared of strangers but soon comes round and is getting better and more confident everyday hes a world away from last weeks dog.He will go and relax and have a kip without watching everything with one eye open.Hes a real gem of a dog Just wish i had a bigger house to do more ehe will be residing here till his new forever home comes along.I know some people dont care but i cant take that line i will help any animal cant help it

Lol yes the wall and the socket great area so clean now you could eat of it.Spent ages cleaning it but it wasnt his fault his bum was exploding.Hes got prebiotic and probiotic stuff in his medication they gave him pro kolin and antibiotics.Lucky the vet we seen was decent and he had a red raw a**e and wasnt maused when she took his temp.Hes fine now eating well and nack to normal hes still got a few wee niggles i picked up a belt and he launched himself down the hall screamin.So need to work on that one tbh hes an easy dog hes obediant and a great nature and loves kids and some people he is scared of strangers but soon comes round and is getting better and more confident everyday hes a world away from last weeks dog.He will go and relax and have a kip without watching everything with one eye open.Hes a real gem of a dog Just wish i had a bigger house to do more ehe will be residing here till his new forever home comes along.I know some people dont care but i cant take that line i will help any animal cant help it

For some reason I can't reply to posts now without using the reply box with the quote attached thingy: anyone else got this problem?

Just wanted to say good on you for saving this poor dog: I've rescued abused dogs in the past: had one which screamed and pissed itself when it saw the dog lead: FFS that should be a pleasure to a dog, not an instrument of torture. He came right and is a really nice happy dog now: found him a brilliant home and still get to see him once a year at a local show, and he still goes nuts when he sees me: its a great feeling knowing that you have got a dog right again.

I know he will get past this with the right approach hes eating far better looking a lot better already and hes such a nice wee chap.Of i had more space id keep him in a heartbeat.He has a reall nice attitude loves kids doesnt bother about the cats or the budgie etc or other dogs.He does what hes told instantly and never does his toilets in the house apart from his wee accident which couldnt be helped.Hes never scent marked in here either which i half expected as hes entire and so is my Male and i have a bitch here as well who was just coming out of season but not a peep out of him hes been no hassle whatsoever.Hes a very inteeligent loving little mutt who is eager to please and easy to please.So fingers crossed we get the best home we can for him he needs to live his years out being looked after and no more passing about.Hes had 12 too many home already

hi mate and well done for your efforts with the dog, it looks like the dog has a bright future now/ i hope thing sort themselves out with the tummy thing. i am sure there will be a very go out come to this story and wish all involved the best of luck and health. top man :notworthy::notworthy::toast: will done.. mike

Thanks mate and yes he will have a bright future now i will make sure of it.Hes in the paper this week and if an owner shows then we have a huge vet bill and a report for the sspca for them to read.Hopefully if thats the case theyw ill surrender the dog.If not then he will continue to stay here till we find the right home for him.Hes a clever very loyal lad never leaves ma side lol.Neither does my bitch so its getting harder to get through doors rofl.Hes the easiest dog ive ever dealt with

Thanks mate and yes he will have a bright future now i will make sure of it.Hes in the paper this week and if an owner shows then we have a huge vet bill and a report for the sspca for them to read.Hopefully if thats the case theyw ill surrender the dog.If not then he will continue to stay here till we find the right home for him.Hes a clever very loyal lad never leaves ma side lol.Neither does my bitch so its getting harder to get through doors rofl.Hes the easiest dog ive ever dealt with

GOOD LUCK WITH HIM IV TAKEN A FEW LURCHERS IN THE SAME STATE THEY PULL THOUGH ONCE THEY NO THEY CAN TRUST YOU.ITS ALL WORTH IT IN THE END ITS GREAT TO SEE THE DOGS IN THERE NEW HOMES LOOKING HAPPY AND HEATHLY THEN YOU KNOW YOU.VE DONE A GOOD DEED FOR THESE DOGS. :clapper:

This lad is thriving his whoe outlook on life has changed and hes putting on weight at a fair rate.Hes now up to 16.86kgs so doing well and hes a dream still.Hes been a great wee guy perfect manners great gaurd dog i doscovered when he tried to eat a friend of mine lol.Dog thought he was hurting me and stepped straight in poor [bANNED TEXT] nearly crapped himself.Hes so good with the kids he wont eat treats of anyone at all not even me outdoors which could be a good thing.Loves the tennis ball so much ive had to remove it cos ma bitch thinks everything is hers and that that.Thanks again for your kind words this wee guy is doing very well will throw some pics up of the lad now