help lasron trap

hey people i have got a home made larsan witch i have had out/set up for about a week now and im not having any look at all evan tho ther is crap loads of crow on my land and i want wanting some advice on it wether it is the trap or just me doing some think rong and if ther is any think i can do it it to make it more sucsefull

Image019.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Edited by harrisboy

any one

I can't quite work out the trigger mechanism - but I assume that there is a nail or something on that perch just hooking the door and holding it against the tension of the spring.

Has the trap fired at all ? or just had no interest ?

Try a rabbit with the guts still present and half out of the body, that often attracts crows quicker.

There is also persistent rumour that crows prefer side entry traps where as magpies catch better in top entry.

There is also persistent rumour that crows prefer side entry traps where as magpies catch better in top entry.

Caught plenty of (hooded) crows in top entry traps. But, yesterday I happened to see one investigate one of my traps. He did everything and I do mean EVERYTHING save go in the damn thing. If he could have lifted it up and looked under it he would have. 15 minutes of fun viewing, but no result! I strongly suspect a side entry would have had him.

any one

I can't quite work out the trigger mechanism - but I assume that there is a nail or something on that perch just hooking the door and holding it against the tension of the spring.

Has the trap fired at all ? or just had no interest ?

Try a rabbit with the guts still present and half out of the body, that often attracts crows quicker.

the pirtch has a grove in it holding the door opern witch props as son as any think lands on it has been trigerd a cup time but buy small birds

To make the trigger better use a piece of wood the same width as it is from the door pushed in to the middle of ur cage, cut this piece of wood in half then put in place,this under tension will hold the door open and can easily be triggered when the birds land on the pirch, crows can be crafty to catch, look around your land to see where the crows sit, i.e single trees around fields where they have good views around them. place the trap under neath these, bait this time of year would be carrion as the birds haven't started laying yet, it would be alot easier if you had a call bird but then ur cage wouldn't be legal for that, if ur having trtouble with the crows walking round the traps place the trap on top of 45 gallon drum then they can not walk round the trap to see whats going on they have to land on top to have a look, as for magpies wait till the first birds start laying they will form an orderly line ready to jump in the larssens. ATB nod

Edited by nod

To make the trigger better use a piece of wood the same width as it is from the door pushed in to the middle of ur cage, cut this piece of wood in half then put in place,this under tension will hold the door open and can easily be triggered when the birds land on the pirch, crows can be crafty to catch, look around your land to see where the crows sit, i.e single trees around fields where they have good views around them. place the trap under neath these, bait this time of year would be carrion as the birds haven't started laying yet, it would be alot easier if you had a call bird but then ur cage wouldn't be legal for that, if ur having trtouble with the crows walking round the traps place the trap on top of 45 gallon drum then they can not walk round the trap to see whats going on they have to land on top to have a look, as for magpies wait till the first birds start laying they will form an orderly line ready to jump in the larssens. ATB nod

ye the trigers os pirfect the will triger the secand any think tutches it im going to move the tra 2moz and plas it under the tree ther all siting in