welsh hounds

Yes the welsh is a brilliant hound they have excellent cry and nose. But IN MY OPINION WITH THE HOUNDS WE WHAVE HUNTED they can be a bit soft. As in once they get a shock of electric wire they give up for a day, also can be slow to draw very thick gorse. I would say the old english foxhound is a better bet. They have good voice and nose and as hardy as they come. I often seen a certain pack of pure old english hounds hunt come to wire, and some hounds duck the otheres that get shocked were generally back on the line speaking by the liddle of the next field. very good robust hound. They very rarely go lame as well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

very nice nip got any more?

great pics,nice mark

Posted Images

from what i have seen with hunting with the pack i wouldnt rate them!

and outa off a litter off 8 2 worked and they werent as committed!

get yourself a couple off beagle x harrier nice and handy size!

Hi mate, I had a BeaglexHarrier dog from a pup. He started hunting from the age of about 4 months, I have never had so much fun in my life. I then went on to get a GriffonxHarrier bitch pup, she was a different kettle of fish. She suffered majorly from selective deafness. I lad who had it after me used it on deer, and he was made up. Horses for courses.

• 1 month later...

NICE PICS AND SOME CRACKING HOUNDS :clapper: HAVE HUNTED A FEW TIMES WITH DAVID DAVIES SOME TIME AGO WITH LUNESDALE HAD A REALLY GOOD HUNT FOR A FAIR DISTANCE ONLY ABOUT 8 OR SO FOLLOWED HOUNDS ON HE WAS ACCOUNTED FOR BY WELSH HOUNDS THEY CETAINLY HAVE A HELL OF A LOT OF DRIVE REGARDS DABBER

thank you for your comments lads,there good and bad in all breeds and there is alot of drive in the welsh hound,very similar to the fells,but in all the years i have had them ,i haven't seen these give up after being zapped with a electric fence,but thats one nasty thing for any dog to get caught in .all the best old dog

had the pleasure of following the pembrokshire hunt many years ago pre ban and got to see the hounds in kennells,a nice pack consisting of both english and welsh hounds,that made a very good account of themselves in the feild,anyone on here hunt with them?