Amen to that. :clapper:

Frank.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greygoose

:drink:

I would be seriously pissed off forking out for these dvds, there a good alternative to sleeping tablets...seen a lot better....

:11: :11: .. that's why i dont watch the thing's anymore.. the only ones ive ever liked was the lurcher mania ones from a wile back all the other one's are s.hit..

Th :drink: ere's one in perticular that make's me cringe.. :cry: .. it's a one where a bloke get's out of a caravan or something like that on a night where he's been sleeping with his merle collies he proceded's to talk crap then he goes lamping with them..

The dog's are half ok on the bunnies but doubled up on the fox's they are pure shite..there's another one i dont know the name of it i watched it at your's year's ago..

There's a clip of a few run's on fox's some doubled some not and that was utter shite aswell.. come to think of it it could of been the merle collie one.. :blink: ..

Millet

the one's your talking about milet are the LAMPER 1 ,2 ,3 NO 4 HAS JUST COME OUT, got to agree im not the biggest fan of his. to be honest i quite liked chippers film, there are few films out where you actualy see a dog hunting up its own game. in fact i would go as far as saying there arnt any.

with dogs its either lamping , coursing, or ferreting and the ferreting is just the dog marking and catching bolters, but no actual hunting up. TOMO :)

:drink: perhaps you got some good dogs tomo and some good sport with the ferrets etc but why dont you put a dvd together and show us old folks how to do it its easy to critasise not so easy to film if the lamper and chipper can put a dvd together you proffesionals should have no problems

i thought that bob in the first dvd was a cracking dog ,sadly the dog is no more :cry: ..chippy is a sound bloke had a invite of him for a weekends hunting and will be takeing him up on it ..no1 dvd was the best even though no2 was better filmed ,mind you bob was the star of that vid ..you never know i may be in the next one :11: better get a wide angle lens fitted :hmm: :11:

I have more than enjoyed what people have said about my DVDs, for and against, each to their own. I would be lyeing if I said that I wasnt dissapionted that some people found them boring but at the end of the day it is each to their own. There are some members of The Hunting Life who know the truth about my DVDs. No 1 should never have been on sale and it was not me who named them The Rabbiting Man. No 2 dissapionted me so much that I rushed a copy to a long standing member on here and asked what he thought, he thaught it was OK so I allowed it to go on sale. No 2 was was taken from two days out. I have had Millet and Molly out with me and very much enjoyed ther company. I sincerly hope that Millet was not refering to my bitch in one of his previouse posts?

Regards Coney

Hello Chipper, Brilliant to see you on here :D

Hows it going....hope you and your family are all well :good:

It was a brilliant day out and one i wont forget,

have to do it again soon, got a lad i need help with :rolleyes:

MOLL.

WELL CONEY ,

THAT ABOUT SAYS IT ALL ............. YOU COULD HAVE GONE OUT OVER A FULL SEASON FILMING ....

THEN CUT ALL THE BEST BITS TOGETHER TO MAKE A UNBALANCED VIEW OF A DAY OUT ....... NOPE , YOU CHOSE TO PUT OUT A " WARTS AND ALL " DAY OUT ........... I WONDER HOW MANY OTHER MAKERS OF DVDS WOULD HAVE THE BOLLOCKS TO DO THE SAME ?.

NO....... MAYBE THERE WASNT A 100 RABBITS CAUGHT IN YOUR DVD , WITH NONE STOP UNREALISTIC ACTION ............ JUST A TRUTHFUL ACCOUNT OF A COUPLE OF DAYS OUT ,

PERSONALLY , I KNOW YOUR NOT ONE TO PREACH HOW TO WORK A DOG ..... AND SOMETIMES PICTURES PAINT A THOUSAND WORDS :good:

MAYBE IF SOME OF THE " BARRY NORMAN CRITICS " WATCH THE VIDEO THEY WILL LEARN ......... WITHOUT BEING SPOONFED .

ALL THE BEST :ok:

DUCKWING :big_boss:

:drink:

I would be seriously pissed off forking out for these dvds, there a good alternative to sleeping tablets...seen a lot better....

:11: :11: .. that's why i dont watch the thing's anymore.. the only ones ive ever liked was the lurcher mania ones from a wile back all the other one's are s.hit..

Th :drink: ere's one in perticular that make's me cringe.. :cry: .. it's a one where a bloke get's out of a caravan or something like that on a night where he's been sleeping with his merle collies he proceded's to talk crap then he goes lamping with them..

The dog's are half ok on the bunnies but doubled up on the fox's they are pure shite..there's another one i dont know the name of it i watched it at your's year's ago..

There's a clip of a few run's on fox's some doubled some not and that was utter shite aswell.. come to think of it it could of been the merle collie one.. :blink: ..

Millet

the one's your talking about milet are the LAMPER 1 ,2 ,3 NO 4 HAS JUST COME OUT, got to agree im not the biggest fan of his. to be honest i quite liked chippers film, there are few films out where you actualy see a dog hunting up its own game. in fact i would go as far as saying there arnt any.

with dogs its either lamping , coursing, or ferreting and the ferreting is just the dog marking and catching bolters, but no actual hunting up. TOMO :)

:drink: perhaps you got some good dogs tomo and some good sport with the ferrets etc but why dont you put a dvd together and show us old folks how to do it its easy to critasise not so easy to film if the lamper and chipper can put a dvd together you proffesionals should have no problems

THERS KNOW WAY IM DOING A DVD SOME FECKER WILL COPY IT :laugh::laugh:

imo there are not many people on here ( or anywhere for that matter ) that will own a dog as good at his job as bob was ! ..... chipper is a top dogman and the dvds were as good as any ive seen !!!!!

i.ll second this known chipper for about 30 years a very good dog man dedicated to the sport never to my knowledge has he bought a dog in always broke them himself . introduced a lott ov people into the sport round here had some excellent dogs in his time and well respected for it. kenny.

perhaps you got some good dogs tomo and some good sport with the ferrets etc but why dont you put a dvd together and show us old folks how to do it its easy to critasise not so easy to film if the lamper and chipper can put a dvd together you proffesionals should have no problems.

your right Greygoose it is easy to critasise, and maybee i should do a film.

but i and others have the right to critasize, when we have just paid upwards of £20 for a film. and it turns out to be not so good.

for example The Lamper 4. you would think that it was about lamping. WRONG. ferreting with about 15 mins of lamping, and the lamping is very poorly filmed . there is not enough light around the dog and rabbit to see the runs proparly. the ferreting wasn't to bad as it happens :) , but i bought the film thinking it was about lamping , as no dowt so did others. :angry: TOMO

Guest greygoose
perhaps you got some good dogs tomo and some good sport with the ferrets etc but why dont you put a dvd together and show us old folks how to do it its easy to critasise not so easy to film if the lamper and chipper can put a dvd together you proffesionals should have no problems.

your right Greygoose it is easy to critasise, and maybee i should do a film.

but i and others have the right to critasize, when we have just paid upwards of £20 for a film. and it turns out to be not so good.

for example The Lamper 4. you would think that it was about lamping. WRONG. ferreting with about 15 mins of lamping, and the lamping is very poorly filmed . there is not enough light around the dog and rabbit to see the runs proparly. the ferreting wasn't to bad as it happens :) , but i bought the film thinking it was about lamping , as no dowt so did others. :angry: TOMO

:drink: apologies tommo perhaps the title was slightly mileading but the film description clearly states it is a combined film of lamping and ferreting the text describes more ferreting than lamping and the cover pics are all daylight pics as for not enough light when lamping may be your right but its not always good to light up the field in some places if you know what i mean will take note of your comments and try harder next time :victory: