Ferret hutch's

hi all. im getting ferrets in a few weeks and hav a general idea about design of hutch but i think it would be nice if people could post pics of theres.

il pic some pics up in a few weeks of it completed.

atb borntoshoot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good set up al did you make it yourself or did you buy it. tom!!

no mate built that one,i have got a couple of nice bought cadges thow but i think you would struggle to buy one like that for a reasonable price to be honest,bet you could get on made thow but materials wold be more than £100 i would of thought,best place to buy hutches is admag or something like that,i bought an absolute belter for £30 which i will put quite a few kits in when they are weaned becaus you can lift the lid up to sort them,better for kits IMO atb

oh there is loads of cheap hutches.people buy rabbits for kids every day in england and then after a week the novelty wears off and they usually starve to death,die of thurst or get nailed by next doors dog because it bit the kid because its never been handeled so hutches for sale are something we arnt short of but like i say if you just want something simple....admag.atvb

i recently built a 4ft by 3 ft hutch with roof lid, and divided bedding area for kits nestattacted to an 8ft x 4 ft run which has tunnels and turf and balls etc to keep eeryone happy - i have a jill with kits in this one

i also have another one which i bought off ebay 8 ft by 4ft but its taller so potentially i can pop in new levels of tunnels scraching post tit bits etc

these are only temperary as i'm planning to keep one kit from jills litter, getting in two jills from new blood so in total will have 2 hobs i already own, and 4 jills, i will pop two jills in with each hob once they've had the snip but am pondering on keepin one hob entire as he provided stunning kits this year

anyway what ever i decide to do with the ferrets i'm plannin to build a large ferret run on the side of me house 10 foot by 14 foot, with wire mesh base and it will be in hade due to the tree and side of house, will pop photos up when i do build this

all the best lurcher lass xxx

should work but they will get through it in time mate just put some stonger stuff on it mate just incase. better to be safe than sorry. tom!!

yeah. im making a ferret box at college out of recycled pallet wood, my tutur is gettin them 4 me so instead of using his boxto take the homein ill use mine.

ill put a pic up [bANNED TEXT] i bring it home in a few weeks