Simmons Aetec & Whitetail Classic scopes

Im looking to upgrade my Hawke scope on my .22lr soon.I would like to buy a Nikon Fieldmaster but i have to watch the pennies.Anybody using a Chinese made Simmons at the moment or how do they compare to the older Phillipine made models??

I've had a trawl around tinternet & it seems that these made in China Simmons scopes ain't as optically good as the Phillipino models.

If anyone has a Phillipine made Aetec 2.8-10x44/3.5-10x50 WTC for sale in mint/v good condition i would be very intrested in taking it off your handsthumbs.gif Thanks Andy.....

Im looking to upgrade my Hawke scope on my .22lr soon.I would like to buy a Nikon Fieldmaster but i have to watch the pennies.Anybody using a Chinese made Simmons at the moment or how do they compare to the older Phillipine made models??

I've had a trawl around tinternet & it seems that these made in China Simmons scopes ain't as optically good as the Phillipino models.

If anyone has a Phillipine made Aetec 2.8-10x44/3.5-10x50 WTC for sale in mint/v good condition i would be very intrested in taking it off your handsthumbs.gif Thanks Andy.....

I had the 3.5-10x50 WTC. Bought it in 1999 or 2000 I think, very good optics and very well built, still rate it as very good value for money. I traded it a couple of years ago, just as good as the day I bought it, and I got a sensible price.

I hear the new ones are not as good, but never looked through one!!

But, they used to cost £200-£210 for about 10 years, the new ones are around £130 I notice on several sites :hmm::hmm: perhaps that says something!!

hiya andy, i got a 1,5 x20 wtc and its class even does the job on the rimmy,for daytime,even used it on the lamp,its not the chinky one though,been meaning to try it on the n/v,as peeps reckon they are class for it,try a look at the mtc scopes,they arent bad,its the mamba ive got on my cz at the mo,class,in fact gonna sell the wtc,help fund my reloading kit,but thats another story,let you know when we catch up,will give you a bell this week,ps you been out with the stinkers,ian

Managed to buy a Phillipine made 3.5-10x50 WTC & the scope is mint with original packaging.The optics & build are quality so can't wait to get out to zero it in...once the weather improveshmm.gif .

Does anyone know if aluminuim sunshades are available for this scope??The objective lens looks like it's threaded for one,i've had a good search around with no joyno.gif but any info/links would be helpfulthumbs.gif

Managed to buy a Phillipine made 3.5-10x50 WTC & the scope is mint with original packaging.The optics & build are quality so can't wait to get out to zero it in...once the weather improveshmm.gif .

Does anyone know if aluminuim sunshades are available for this scope??The objective lens looks like it's threaded for one,i've had a good search around with no joyno.gif but any info/links would be helpfulthumbs.gif

There may be, but over the years I had mine I looked around from time to time but never found one!

The threading you can see is simply for the lens ring, but obviously if you can find a sunshade with the same thread and size you are in business!!

I've got the same model you bought here andy, I removed it from my rifle as when lamping the eye relief was rubbish, when your shooting different angles and distances out of a vehicle window, my x6 nikko stirling has a better eye relief by far, although the zoom lacks..