red rabbit urine?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI ALL IM THE MATE TOM HAS BEEN ITS MAINLY DAIRY GOING OUT WITH THE BEETROOT THEORY CAN BE RULED OUT AS NON OF THE LAND ANYWHERE AROUND IS GROWING ANY CROPS

ITS MAINLY A DAIRY PRODUCING AREA AND THE CATTLE IS NOT FED BEAT INLY SILAGE AND THE SUTCH BUT I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF BARK THAT HAS BEEN STRIPPED OF THE BASES OF HAWTHORN TREES WHICH JUST MIGHT BE THE CAUSE AS SOMEONE MENTIONED IN A POST EARLIER IVE BEEN SHOOTING AND FERRETTING RABBITS ALL MY LIFE AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER SEEN RABBIT PISS AS RED AS THIS REGARDS TOM GET IN TOUCH MATE

HI ALL IM THE MATE TOM HAS BEEN ITS MAINLY DAIRY GOING OUT WITH THE BEETROOT THEORY CAN BE RULED OUT AS NON OF THE LAND ANYWHERE AROUND IS GROWING ANY CROPS

ITS MAINLY A DAIRY PRODUCING AREA AND THE CATTLE IS NOT FED BEAT INLY SILAGE AND THE SUTCH BUT I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF BARK THAT HAS BEEN STRIPPED OF THE BASES OF HAWTHORN TREES WHICH JUST MIGHT BE THE CAUSE AS SOMEONE MENTIONED IN A POST EARLIER IVE BEEN SHOOTING AND FERRETTING RABBITS ALL MY LIFE AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER SEEN RABBIT PISS AS RED AS THIS REGARDS TOM GET IN TOUCH MATE

aye but when was the last big freeze mate that could be why youve not seen this before

atb gary

The reason is the Tannin in the bark their eating,the same chemical used to tan leather years ago before synthetic substitutes,they used to collect acorns and "tread" them like grapes with spiked boots in a vat to get it,bark's full of the stuff,not many rabbits are going to ovulate when their starving are they?

Is mother nature that stupid,lol.

6 of the rabbits i got last week wer full of youngins mate

Well i dont breed rabbits mate so i dont know if they produce red urine when they are in breeding condition,and ive seen young rabbits with snow down in my time,but ussually later on in a cold snap,my mate found a dead leverette last season at xmas? although the weather wasnt that bad.

When you catch a buck and "piss it" when the snows been down a while and its "red" is it coming in season?

exactly right micky as i said earlier on there is no arable land around the permission or market gardens its all dairy land so the beetroot theory is out of the window the only other expanation is the bark theory as they have been chewing hell out of the hawthorn bushes at the base and climbed onto lower branches to chew them this seems to be the only explanation or red berries even

Edited by the white bhunter

exactly right micky as i said earlier on there is no arable land around the permission or market gardens its all dairy land so the beetroot theory is out of the window the only other expanation is the bark theory as they have been chewing hell out of the hawthorn bushes at the base and climbed onto lower branches to chew them this seems to be the only explanation or red berries even

you missed my point mate ,i think the colour of food will show more in the discharge from the bowels, than the bladder ,so untill somebody shows me some red shit ,iwill go with the coming into season theory :thumbs:

You cant argue with blokes who breed rabbits if they say it turns red when they come in season i beleive it,but the buck piss is dark as well,maybe its both reasons?

Ive caught loads of rabbits that have been feeding on Beetroot,if they eat enough it turns their flesh a pink hue,and some of the best tasting rabbits ive ever eaten were these beetroot pinky ones,just thought ide chuck that in.