Boots Vs Wellies

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what i am doing i prefer wellies for lamping walking the dogs general mouching about but never wear them when out with the terriers digging, i think wellies are shit for digging they are not good on the soles when useing your feet to push a shovel in they fill up with muck and get uncomfortable when bending down in a hole they also tend to let your feet get cold when stood waiting for a turn on the shovel i always keep a pair of both in my truck and take it from there whatever i am doing

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed alot of threads about the best boots or wellies and am wondering what's yous preffer i.e. Boots or wellies and why? My personal prefferance is for a good old pair of wellies, can't beat them for warmth and keeping the old tootsies dry in those long cold wet nights lamping! Atb Darren

i have a pair of army hi tie boots that i seen in a charity shop.I asked theman behind the counter how much he was wanting for them and he said if i gave him a tenner i could have them,couldn't beleive my luck,they had never been worn,i wear them when i go out ferreting,out with the dogs or just out moochin about,in all weather.They are tough and water proof if i keep putting dubbing on them ,and comfy,have had them 7yrs now and they have a good few yrs left in them yet.you can get them in any army and navy store,but should expect to pay around £40 for a new pair,well worth the money if you look after them.thumbs.gif

• 3 months later...
Guest bluemink

i dont mind either realy i wear lechameau chassuer wellies if really wet and laksen ctx pro hunter boots as with gaiters most of the time both are good as long as you have got good quality wool socks on

Are the laksen's any good?

Guest AngelicAcid

Most wellies f**k up quickly if you are heavy on your feet like me,even for lamping, so its good boots all the way.

A will just say again, that good olfd fell boots take some beating for toughness and proper old fashioned QUALITY. :icon_eek::victory:

Nothing beats a good solid pair of leather boots, all dubbed up, and with a good warm pair of socks. Wellies have their place though ad i'm particularly partial to the ones with frog eyes on the front.

Lowas all the way, tall enough that you can walk through puddles and such and stay dry, much warmer comfier and better support on your ankles and feet.... ive had mine 2 or so years and use them all year for walking the dogs, & ratting, ferreting, beating, work .... ive never cleaned them polished them or even rinsed em off in a puddle, and they are still totally waterproof....