Whats your deer gun.

Mine is a sako 75 s/s in 2506 with a swarovski 3x12x50 and s5 moderator I use 85 grain nosler balistic tips at 3600fps

What powder and grain weight are you using Dan? Have you shot roe deer heart/lung with it and if so what was tissue damage like?

Peter

I use 59 gr of vihtavuori and cci 200 primers, only ever shot 1 roe heart lung with my rifle and the damage was pretty bad luckily I missed the shoulder that would really of made a mess I find that the power and violent expansion of this combination make for an awesome head/neck round (awaiting flack for this) I shoot between 150 and 200 deer a year and have done so for nearly 20 years so I consider my self competent enough to shoot deer in this manor. my boss is always moaning because I use my 25 for vermin as well so I get through about 1000 rounds of 2506 and 12000 rounds of .22 a year not to mention the .300 remy ultra mag and my .222

thats what i like to se a man with some weponry and not scared to use them my boss is always wineing obout me useing the 223 to zap crows and magpies too but a dead bit of vermin is better than live

Mine is a sako 75 s/s in 2506 with a swarovski 3x12x50 and s5 moderator I use 85 grain nosler balistic tips at 3600fps

What powder and grain weight are you using Dan? Have you shot roe deer heart/lung with it and if so what was tissue damage like?

Peter

I use 59 gr of vihtavuori and cci 200 primers, only ever shot 1 roe heart lung with my rifle and the damage was pretty bad luckily I missed the shoulder that would really of made a mess I find that the power and violent expansion of this combination make for an awesome head/neck round (awaiting flack for this) I shoot between 150 and 200 deer a year and have done so for nearly 20 years so I consider my self competent enough to shoot deer in this manor. my boss is always moaning because I use my 25 for vermin as well so I get through about 1000 rounds of 2506 and 12000 rounds of .22 a year not to mention the .300 remy ultra mag and my .222

thats what i like to se a man with some weponry and not scared to use them my boss is always wineing obout me useing the 223 to zap crows and magpies too but a dead bit of vermin is better than live

With the cost of ammo now I reload as much as I can just to keep the boss happy :laugh: :laugh:

Anschütz in .222, Steyr Pro Hunter in .308 and since christmas this one:

6161360zql.jpg

Sauer 202 in .308 with a 20" SSG3000 barrel, with Meopta 3-12x56 on Recknagel Picatinnyrail, Harris BiPod.. well, I'm satisfied so far:

6161420faf.jpg

6111687.jpg

6102159.jpg

6215453mgv.jpg

can't wait for roebuck season to open may 1st

Anschütz in .222, Steyr Pro Hunter in .308 and since christmas this one:

6161360zql.jpg

Sauer 202 in .308 with a 20" SSG3000 barrel, with Meopta 3-12x56 on Recknagel Picatinnyrail, Harris BiPod.. well, I'm satisfied so far:

6161420faf.jpg

6111687.jpg

6102159.jpg

6215453mgv.jpg

When does your season run to and what season do you have for does?

Edited by danw

When does your season run to and what season do you have for does?

roe buck 1st of may - 15th of oct.

fawns and does 1st of sept - 31st of jan.

yearling does (what's the correct english term for that?) 1st of sept - 31st of jan. and also 1st + 31st of may