meindl v lowa

• 2 weeks later...

i have had to send my meindls back twice because of the leather peeling now on my 3rd replacment pair and they are going the same i would go for the lowa

Thats the problem mate, if the section where they are peeling was LEATHER, not a thin Synthetic Layer to cut their costs they wouldn't have a problem with them in the first place, the earlier version of the Dovre didn't have this problem.

As you know from the other thread i had many dealings with Bramwell and also contacted Meindl in Germany over the quality issues with the Dovre, and so have a few others on here as well, but it seems they have ignored it all.

I used to like my Meindl's....,but i wouldn't touch a pair now with the problem they have got with the peeling, and the price on them is going up all the time now to silly money, when you can get a cracking pair of Lowa boots alot cheaper, like Strongstuff i went for... The Lowa's....i've had them nearly a year now and their a good boot.

SINDASOX ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to buy the Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX but wanting to go for something considered the best I went for Hanwag Trapper GTXGTX!! Apparently made about 10 miles down the road from Meindl. Very similar although the Hanwags have bearings in the lower lace hooks to give a great fit and a higher toe guard - http://www.raygillclothing.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=1787&xSec=8

Really happy with mine, extremely comfortable straight out the box!!!

Andy