anyone else packed in smokeing ???

i packed in smoking about 3 months ago , and i'm getting fatter by the week, i used to have the munchies before but is mad lol anyone else packed in, is it the same .. or someone who packed ages ago who can say nice things like the weight will come off lol

ooopppps posting in wrong place :icon_redface: lol

pickaxe since my bro started smoking hes lost a lot of weight and dont eat as much me and my bro are trying to et him to stop and come to the gym with us but hes having none of it the little dick head :(

Will be off them a year in a weeks time ! :yahoo:

Feck it was hard going, used the patches mind and that suppressed the craving. Its the habit is the worst, after eating, morning time, after a good..........session :D OF DRINK that is :lol:

Started noticing the weight gain so started doing a bit more, put on a stone in about six months, i couldn’t put it down to eating cause i was eating basically the same. As CARREG says the metabolism changes and the weight gain is inevitable.

Might have been the Guinness , :rolleyes: . :lol::lol::lol:

After 20 years a smoker, I gave up 1 November 2002, (on willpower alone), because it suddenly occurred to me that I might not be immortal.

Since then I haven't had a single cigarette, :big_boss: so it might help you recent quitters to hear how I’ve got on............. :D

Well, the benefits have been massive, as follows:

I can't relax.

I can no longer practise any form of angling that involves sitting down, or even staying in the same place, for more than 30 minutes.

My concentration is so bad that I can hardly read fiction any longer, (had to sell me Plummer books :lol: ), it now takes me weeks to finish a novel I’d polish off in a few days at one time.

My consumption of Tetleys' Bitter ballooned.... :alcoholic: ....and so did I!

I gained 2 stone, but lost 1 of the stones after getting the pup.... :)

My BP rocketed......... :realmad:

I started going off on one, :diablo: doing stuff like getting out of my car in the pouring rain during a traffic jam on the M1 in order to inform another driver that "life in England is a f#cking queue, so get in it!" :aggressive: :aggressive: (he studiously avoided eye contact).

I ended up down the general having a battery of blood tests, an Xrays and an ECG. They gave me the result of the ECG and told me to keep it handy...... as it might speed things up if I had it “on me”, if I was brought in...... :cry:

Seriously though, 2 ½ years down the line, the expected improvement in my feeling of wellbeing is yet to arrive. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m probably not going to live any longer, it’ll just fooking seem like it.

My previously fairly good temperament now has all the charm of a menopausal weasel, (on my good days). And as we all know “Temperament is King!” :lol:

My old Dad stopped smoking cigs 35 years ago. Despite carrying on smoking his pipe, he tells me that he could STILL murder a tab :drag: even now.

So why didn’t I just start again? Well I lost my bottle see? I think it went while I was in the chest Xray queue, sitting right next to that bloke who definitely did have lung cancer............... :blink:

i went on the patches , first time i've tried to pack in was smoking 29 years ,about 70g a week, plus others lol.. was on the patches for about 6 weeks 24 mg at first then 15 and then 4mg just cause i could get them from the pound shop lol, i didn't noice the wight gain until 3 weeks ago, now i've gone up a jean size lol.. all i know is i'll not start again ...not going though this shit ever again

:diablo: pickaxe u r doin fine mate just remmember when u reach your fortys they call it middle age spread i stopped 21years ago smokin the bacca but when i,m on my medication i hammer them rotton then after the course is done come back off again but i,m also fond of the weed :ph34r: so dont give up you just got weight too put into some lovein :diablo:
:diablo: pickaxe u r doin fine mate just remmember when u reach your fortys they call it middle age spread i stopped 21years ago smokin the  bacca but when i,m on my medication i hammer them rotton then after the course is done come back off again but i,m also fond of the weed  :ph34r: so dont give up you just got weight too put into some lovein  :diablo:

:diablo:B):yes::yes:;);) :kiss:

Im off the cigs near three years i put on a good bit of weight went up to 16 stone but back to my fighting weight of 10 stone now but hey it was hard and still is there aint a week gose by i dont crave a ciggy in fact this is sending me up the wall :diablo::diablo::diablo::icon_eek:

Guest Geordie

Zyban chilli :icon_eek: I was on that stuff 5 years ago,sent me f*****g doo lally :blink: .

Not a word of a lie,i used to suddenly just stop and think to myself,'what have i done today,where have i been?,Honestly i was a freakin zombie on that stuff :no:

But if it works for you [bANNED TEXT] all the best with it :good:

Im a smoker,even after watchin me father die of lung cancer :angry: Suppose i should make the effort to pack in again,but im an angry c**t when im trying to pack in :lol::lol:

All my best wishes to all you who have packed in or are trying to pack it in,they say nicotine is more addictive than heroin,so best of luck all :friends:

Guest chilli

wat u on about andy :p:p:p

no seriously mate we have been ok on it we tryed will power an patch's but the fights got to much the gf turned evil on me !!! this way ive had no probs ! think about them but dont get any craveings !! worst thing is [bANNED TEXT] i think about a nice cold lager it just dont seem the same with out a embasy number 1 with it !!! still ive noticed the differnece [bANNED TEXT] iam out with the mutts so it aint all bad !!

Go for it. Me & the missus packed in about 11 years ago. It was bloody hard to start with but it gets easier. We lived on a crime ridden inner city estate on the 18th floor of a tower block where every morning you got in the lift to find blood, needles, wraps, piss and anything else you care to mention. We wanted out big time and within 18 months of packing up we had a luxury holiday in Gambia and bought are first house. Give yourselves a goal and get it. Good Luck.

gave up 9 years ago i feel 100 times better and i have saved a fortune ... when you reach for food grab a bannana or apple or some other fruit ...do this for 2 reasons firstly fruite wont put weight on you secondly fruit will keep you regular so if you do succumbe to other foods you will crap them out 3 times a day :D it is becoming more and more anti-social to smoke and in 10 years i reckon smoking will be a thing of the past ..............