Boars in Oz

I am well inside the dog fence. There were always dogs inside the fence but they were contained to pockets of wild country. In general terms people became complacent or moved out of sheep and wool production and regular control measures slowed or ceased and the dogs have bred and are breaking out of their wild haunts.

Cheers.

From what I saw on this program the Dingos and hybrids sure are built for that country, plenty of stamina, heat/drought tolerant and bloody strong too :thumbs:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(I'll just make the point again that we don't stand around taking photos of dogs on pigs. The photos are the best of hundreds that are shot on the run in to grab the pig. To stand around risks injury

The APDHA (Australian Pig Doggers and Hunters Association) had its annual general meeting withiun striking range of my place at the weekend and one of my mates (Steve) from had driven 14 hours to the

I'd only have one dog that big. Most of mine are around 3o kgs. As for getting them upset...be almost impossible mate. The whole concept of pig dogs is to have them determined but manageable. You can'

Posted Images

bhba.jpg

348i.jpg

(I'll just make the point again that we don't stand around taking photos of dogs on pigs. The photos are the best of hundreds that are shot on the run in to grab the pig. To stand around risks injury to the dog and unnecessary trauma for the pig.)

Edited by Ned Makim
  • Like 7

I'm still not catching pigs for a living. I work in hunting admin and law enforcement. There's no hunting in that only dealing with other hunters. The pigs are still the passion rather than work. The wild dogs are the same. You can be employed as a contractor to trap dogs for government agencies or private consortiums but I am not allowed to do that and the law enforcement work at the same time.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great Thread Ned your keeping the rest of the world envious. Allot of people back home don't realise how lucky we have it in Oz when it comes to the outdoors and hunting. I'm not currently in OZ but have heard there have been some issue's with the r -licence and hunting on private and is that still the case, if so do you have any idea when it'll be resolved?

Cheers

What a cracking thread just finished reading the whole thing the pics and vids are out of this world wouldn't mind giving it a go and it's a shame about roger from reading the thread from start to now I know how hard it is not long ago aye lost a 2 year old bitch which aye bred myself and reading threw this roger reminded me of her but at least the dogs died doing you and me proud of them and know I've got anuther litter there of 11 and al be keeping 2 back for myself and a couple is going to friends but anyways keep the pics and stories coming now I just dream of bin over there with yous getting my hands on a big boar and flipping him etc lol Atb Ryan

• 2 months later...