Doe in the snow

Yep a deer does run once shot dead... But whats all the "nice one" and "well done" Whats difficult about shooting a deer. My wife has done it.. I can walk 200 yrds out of my door and be on deer. I could probarbly go drop one most mornings.... Theres nothing heroic about shotting a deer is there.... A running dog, now thats a different case.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend every day stalking deer and would like to see you just walk out and shoot 1 of my deer.

you must have some tame animals around you.

likewise i could step over my fence and run a hare whats clever about that.

each to their own

merry christmas to you all.

Dont talk daft... i live in lancs, fewest deer area in country. I just know where they are pal.... you have just summed up what i am saying, nothing is clever about it... A gun would have the deer around my house in minutes. Use a dog and the fun goes on....

BUT DEER and DOGS is illegal matey.(nothing clever about that either) :whistling:

Put your real name up and talk like that.(stand by what you say)

Dont think so.

Its certainly no fun for the deer. :icon_eek:

What a silly thing thing to say.... You a copper..

so is smoking weed, driving over 30, drinking under 18, and courseing hares! I'll just ring the filth and tell them that i am doing 100+ down the motorway, oh and i'll leave my name... teesssshhhh.

I have seen afew deer that have been attacked by dogs,Ive shot them afterwards and most of them were only any good for the muck heap the 1 with its throat ripped out wasnt looking over clever either :censored:

Also I just wondered,How long does it take to traine your dog to take out certain deer or is it(you) not bothered,a nice big pregnant doe thats just about to drop would be quite an easy target for your mutt,I also seem to have some lads near me that are that piss weak they cant even take the deer away and just leave them, :clapper: :clapper:

Anyway cant be arsed to waste anymore of my time!cos when the cops do stop ya,"All ya doing is taking your mutt for a walk"Oh by the way Have a good xmas and a new year,Russ MATE,Your a star!!!

Edited by DeerNut

BUT DEER and DOGS is illegal matey.(nothing clever about that either) :whistling:

Dont think so.

so is smoking weed, driving over 30, drinking under 18, and courseing hares! I'll just ring the filth and tell them that i am doing 100+ down the motorway, oh and i'll leave my name... teesssshhhh.

Yeh your a modern day robin hood mate they will talk about your exploits well into the next century.

A true hero and sportsman......or are you just a poacher and a thug who blatently breaks the law, I really cant decide. :hmm:

Surely meat from an animal that has been through as much stress as caused by being chased and brought down by a dog would not be worth eating? Surely anyone with a basic knowledge of meat knows that the release of stress hormones leads to a condition in the meat known as DFD(dark firm and dry)? This is the reason sheepdogs aren't used for loading abbatoir lorries! I've tasted meat from a severely stressed out bullock and it was awful, went to the dogs in the end. And before its said adrenaline does not have an effect on meat quality only hormones such as glucocorticoids do or so I have been told. By a vet.

I have seen afew deer that have been attacked by dogs,Ive shot them afterwards and most of them were only any good for the muck heap the 1 with its throat ripped out wasnt looking over clever either :censored:

Also I just wondered,How long does it take to traine your dog to take out certain deer or is it(you) not bothered,a nice big pregnant doe thats just about to drop would be quite an easy target for your mutt,I also seem to have some lads near me that are that piss weak they cant even take the deer away and just leave them, :clapper: :clapper:

Anyway cant be arsed to waste anymore of my time!cos when the cops do stop ya,"All ya doing is taking your mutt for a walk"Oh by the way Have a good xmas and a new year,Russ MATE,Your a star!!!

Deernut, you really do not know what you are talking about..... You have 12 posts, and come on here ready for an argument, you wont last 5 mins. Get out into the real hunting world, and open your eyes ladie....

Dont think so.

JOHN ROBBO.. People hunt in different ways.... No one has condemned yours.. We are all hunters on here , or are we!! You sound more like an anti to me pal... to the rest of us, lets just keep our eye on this guy.. we know they are coming on to set us up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just be careful.

Yeh your a modern day robin hood mate they will talk about your exploits well into the next century.

A true hero and sportsman......or are you just a poacher and a thug who blatently breaks the law, I really cant decide. :hmm:

Deernut, you really do not know what you are talking about..... You have 12 posts, and come on here ready for an argument, you wont last 5 mins. Get out into the real hunting world, and open your eyes ladie....

Oh I see, so because Ive only just come on here and put 12 posts on,I know nothing????But it didnt take me long to work you out did it!!

Like I said,not aiming for a row,Ive seen on my ground what dogs have done to deer maybe not your dog so thats fine.You like to put your point across so do I,as for lasting 5 mins, no probs!!!now if I can be arsed to get into an argument with you is another matter.Nothing to prove as you have going on your avatar photo,my mutt's faster than yours,Big man!!!

the only point im making mate is my sport is legal your is not, so go back into sherwood forest robin.

leave the deer to the stalkers.

I like deernut have come accross 1 to many injured deer by dogs or carcass's left to rot to care much for your methods its best we agree to disagree rather than fall out.

if you are unsure on the law regarding dogs there is a very informative post at the lurchers and running dogs section.

regards john. :thumbs:

Edited by john robbo

the only point im making mate is my sport is legal your is not, so go back into sherwood forest robin.

leave the deer to the stalkers.

I like deernut have come accross 1 to many injured deer by dogs or carcass's left to rot to care much for your methods its best we agree to disagree rather than fall out.

if you are unsure on the law regarding dogs there is a very informative post at the lurchers and running dogs section.

regards john. :thumbs:

John..... 100's of the lads on here do deer with dogs(preban of course)! The guy who made the site and who runs it now, has wrote some incredible books about his dog, and many many other good dogs hunting deer... Why dont you come out of youe blinkered way, and take alook into the site. Read other posts about deer and dog.

Deernut, dont start calling names(bigman) heard it all before.(and we dont need more name callers on here, we already have the antis) What i meant when i said you wouldnt last 5 mins, was an argument on here with your views on dogs and deer...Put a post up about dogs and deer and finding injured deer, see what you get back mate....you might not agree with it but i'll bet you theres more that do than dont. I dont agree with shooting every fox that wonders the countryside but i dont fall out with the lads on here that do it....

again it boils down to personal opinion the fact is deer with dogs isn't legal and writing about it shouldn't be on public forums.

My living is with deer and pheasants and the lads who hunt the deer by day or night are stealing MY lively hood.

Vim I don't want to lock horns with you but you said once before you shoot deer for a living for some of the year.Is the deer money better in your pocket or theirs/or slung in the hedge bottom.

It isn't the coursing that rattles me its those that wander the fields by day and night going where they like and killing deer unlawfully.

I might have known the forum was run by lurcher lads as I have complained about some of the posts on the deer topics and admin has never even replied to me.

Condoning illegal behaviour is not clever neither is ignoring it especially when lively hoods are at stake.Why then should I put up with threats and intimidation from these guys when trying to my job.

SOUR GRAPES>>>>>>>YOU BET.

I don't read the dog topics keep your comments on there there is a list of the law regarding dogs and deer on there READ IT.