Scottish Gun Dealers

• 3 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give you guys an up date ,went to the Bushwear shop today for the first time and the guy couldnt of been anymore helpfull my mate got a right good deal on a new remmy 700 sps (saving at least £100 on some of the other shops prices) as well as giving us a great deal on cartridges and a swan dry jacket.So if you guys are looking for somewhere different id recommend them on my first impressions anyway.Btw its in Stirling.

Just to give you guys an up date ,went to the Bushwear shop today for the first time and the guy couldnt of been anymore helpfull my mate got a right good deal on a new remmy 700 sps (saving at least £100 on some of the other shops prices) as well as giving us a great deal on cartridges and a swan dry jacket.So if you guys are looking for somewhere different id recommend them on my first impressions anyway.Btw its in Stirling.

Have bought a few bits from him, and I'd agree his service is very good, I didnt find him cheap on the bits he had in stock.........but most importantly he had them IN STOCK.

I just bought a rifle, a replacement .243, and had to do the deal down south, I got offered as little as 50% of the trade in value of my Rifle against an offer in Northampton.

It was a shame I had to go south of the border to do a deal, But I am not going to pay £400 more for the same rifle to stay In Scoland....... I was shocked to say the least, and disappointed.

It arrives on Wednesday, to my tame RFD who transferred it for a token gesture.

Edited by mattydski

I live in Worcestershire, but I bought my whole outfit sako 6.5x55, 7x50 S&B scope + rings, sling & swivels, cleaning kit etc.etc. from Macleods of Tain. No one could beat them on price, and the kindness and consideration shown was outstanding, I cannot recommend them highly enough!

ft

Yup

Border gun room for me also.Very helpfull.

Cartridge warehouse in Edinburgh for ammo but not a great deal else.Dicksons in Edinburgh are OK but can induce a heart attack with a price tag at 40 paces.

Welsh`s in Duns is also good.

Surprised that People are finding Cluny cheap for ammo??? Robin has let people I know down in the past with second hand equipment....denial of responsibility for the working nature of goods. But after severe pressure, he backed down.

Dick Hardy in Forfar has always been reasonable for ammo..I alway buy from him if I can. I have had a rifle from him, and wasn't ripped off in the slightest.

Gows in Dundee.............. will not deal, only sell to make a profit, list price....is the price...etc...etc. Offered to buy four guns from him in the last eight years..never once offered a deal.

Crockarts.....Ok if you deal with the young lad or Robert, dont get on with Andy.. I have had a shottie and a rifle from him. Andy can be blunt to the point of being rude considering how much I have spent with them.

PD Mallochs can be useful for reloading..they are the only people this side of the river that stock it. Prices are ok. Wouldn't buy guns from them.

Montrose guns and tackle...Mike is ok, will do a deal, would rather take business than loose it..but doesn't have the back on rifles or technical ability.

Pick of the bunch for me............Dick Hardy. Customer Service is second to none.

Dick is living in the dark ages ...he is cheap for ammo thats about it

ive found here the cheapest and can get you anything he will do most stuff cheaper than anybody

http://www.montrosegunsandtackle.co.uk/